Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have some questions about the student loan:

1) I have arrived to the UK from Spain on June 2012 (so this year 2017 will be my 5th year). I have already applied to unis and I just wanted to ask if I will have any problem when applying for the student loan. And if not, should I apply as a EU student or EEA worker?

2) I have a friend who has arrived to the UK about 3 years ago from Spain. Is she elegible for the student loan? And again how should her apply?
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Jer1998)

1) I have arrived to the UK from Spain on June 2012 (so this year 2017 will be my 5th year). I have already applied to unis and I just wanted to ask if I will have any problem when applying for the student loan. And if not, should I apply as a EU student or EEA worker?

2) I have a friend who has arrived to the UK about 3 years ago from Spain. Is she elegible for the student loan? And again how should her apply?
    Moved to Student Financial Support.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jer1998)

Your friend should apply as an EU student unless she meets the criteria for an EEA worker. As an EU student, she's only entitled to tuition fee funding.

You can apply as a UK student as you meet the 5 year residency criteria. (as long as it's for reasons other than education)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Your friend should apply as an EU student unless she meets the criteria for an EEA worker. As an EU student, she's only entitled to tuition fee funding.

You can apply as a UK student as you meet the 5 year residency criteria. (as long as it's for reasons other than education)
    Thank you so much! Do you know what is the criteria to apply as an EEA worker?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.