Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone heard back from Glasgow or Edinburgh Uni for Law? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to both and not heard anything back, i'm not expecting an unconditional as I have not yet sat my highers...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by eviellc)
    :-)
    I have a friend who has heard back for Law in Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Law with French Language on the 12th January and got a conditional back on the 19th

ReputationRep:
    Well done!😊

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting for replies from both, but I heard Glasgow tend to reply in March for Law

ReputationRep:
    I've heard back from both Edinburgh and Glasgow, but you're right, Edinburgh is notorious for taking their time to respond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndreasCooke)
    I've heard back from both Edinburgh and Glasgow, but you're right, Edinburgh is notorious for taking their time to respond.
    Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, how long did they take to reply to you and what predicteds did you apply with?

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow replied on the 20th of January, and Edinburgh on the 15th of February. My predicted grades are 3 a's at advanced higher.

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected from Edinburgh's Law and Politics course :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what grades you applied with? Thanks :-)

ReputationRep:
    Are you planning on going to uni straight from fifth year? This is what I'm wanting to do (in 4th right now). Do you know if it's a disadvantage applying a year early? Just because law is so competitive and there will be people with multiple more highers.
    In my nat 5's I'm taking maths, English, history, French and business management - I'm targeted for all A's but reckon I'll get a B in maths. I'm also going higher Modern studies this year which I'm expected to get an A in. Next year I'm taking all the same subject except dropping maths and taking adv.higher mod. Do you know roughly how they(ggow/Edinburgh) treat admissions from younger applicants?

Thanks
    (Original post by eviellc)
    I've applied to both and not heard anything back, i'm not expecting an unconditional as I have not yet sat my highers...

ReputationRep:
    same here, i'm taking 9 nat 5s and 6 highers, predicted 8 As at nat 5.

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably be giving conditions and unconditionals to those who have sat their highers and then if there are still places left, you could get a conditional

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.