Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be ashamed that I eat junk at that time of the month Watch

In the last couple of days I've been eating snacks, skipping meals to replace it with crisps, little chocolate. It feels like my body has been needing it.

I do exercise usually and watch what I eat. Now I feel bad because I've been getting it thrown back in my face by family because of what I've eat in the last view days. I always bye my own food because they isn't hardly any food in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In the last couple of days I've been eating snacks, skipping meals to replace it with crisps, little chocolate. It feels like my body has been needing it.

I do exercise usually and watch what I eat. Now I feel bad because I've been getting it thrown back in my face by family because of what I've eat in the last view days. I always bye my own food because they isn't hardly any food in.
    Nah don't be ashamed. I eat junk food all year round. Just don't go overboard and end up morbidly obese
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT THIS!

It's natural for a body to increase appetite around that time of the month, just as it's normal for body weight to fluctuate during this time.

However, skipping meals is quite unhealthy. Sticking to regulated eating times is recommended, but the snacks are perfectly fine, and may even show your body is working fine.

ReputationRep:
    it is natural to crave foods with a high iron content then.

ReputationRep:
    it's only a few days, it's not going to ruin anything if you eat healthy the rest of the time

that said, it's good if you can keep eating proper meals so you don't end up malnourished from eating too much junk, that won't improve your PMS or mood at all

ReputationRep:
    Its about exercise You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday when I was about to finish I ate a wolf alive coz of cravings.

You're fine OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah you really need to say bye to the food you're eating nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    It's totally normal at that time of the month, I do it too. Today I ate a chocolate cake that was supposed to serve 6 and a sharer bag of Doritos and I also don't care. As long as you're careful the rest of the month and you're not dangerously overweight, what business is it of anyone else's?

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, girl. I do it all the time. I shove my face into a McDonald's, chocolate and just general junk food. If it's something that lets you forget about the horrific pains, then go for it!
    *buys chocolate sponge cake*
    "servings: 6*
    Me: HAHAHA *shoves whole cake into mouth*

EDIT: oh, and try not to skip meals. The human body prefers consistency and a regular food intake. Even if it does involve junk foods. And make sure eating foods like that doesn't become a regular thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.