Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hello guys.
    So basically I am currently in year 12 and Im studying biology, chemistry and psychology as I wished to do medicine. I have now changed my mind completely and want to do computer science at university and I'd like to study maths, computer science and chemistry for A levels. Since it's too late to change now, I will have to restart next year in September. I don't really know how it works I've talked to my teachers and have been told that I will finish this year no matter what since I can't leave and just go home I have to stay in full time education. Is there any way I don't have to stay in college? Since I don't want to study subjects I have no interest in. If I do have to finish this year, do my results from the internal end of year exams matter? We don't do As so I've been told it shouldn't matter. My current college say that they won't fund my third year so I need to go somewhere else, even though I thought we were funded until we are 19 and I'm not sure if that's true. I know it's a lot of information and questions put together but any help will be greatly appreciated.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

    Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    (Original post by Amusing Elk)
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.