Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I was in my final year of uni, but had some health problems and so deferred at the start of this year. I will be coming back in September.

I just got a letter from student finance saying 'as you are suspending for health reasons you'll get some additional student finance after your suspension'. I checked online for more info but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know, generally speaking, how much you get given? And when? (I get the max amount of loan and grant btw)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

We can award up to 60 days extra funding after your suspension.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise SFE)
    Hi

We can award up to 60 days extra funding after your suspension.

Thanks
    Thank you for your fast reply.

When does this extra funding come in if I suspended at the start of this term, and already got a student loan payment at the start of jan?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi fkfkj

We award funding up until the date you leave the course. If you left say December, we would not have given you Jan payment as would only have been entitled to funding up until December. With the 60 days extension we can give you whatever funding you would have been entitled to for 60 after your course leaving date. Using this example again leaving December you would be allowed funding to cover you up until the end of Feb/beginning of March.

Hope this helps a bit I appreciate it may be slightly confusing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.