Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just saw the GYG thread today and luckily, I am not late for this yet =)))
    I will decorate this blog later

Academic Profile:
    I'm an international student who is currently doing Edexcel Mathematics, AQA Fine Art and Geography
    I'm applying for Architecture.

My AS Grades:
    Mathematics: A
    Geography: B (GEOG1: C. GEOG2: A)
    Fine Art: A

Predicted Grades:
    Mathematics: A*
    Geography: A
    Fine Art: A

Universities:
    UCL (AAB): No decision currently. Probably fail because I haven't even received any news about the interview round. I won't go there anyway because of the high cost of living and tuition fees
    Bath (A*AA):Conditional Offer. Atm, I might choose this as my firm choice because my friends at my college are studying and are planning to go there. Moreover, Architecture is their strong course + I quite like their modules. I will be going to their Open Day on Feb 15.
    Cardiff (AAA): No decision yet. My firm choice if accepted. Cardiff is cheaper than Bath and is just as good (I think) so that's why =)))
    Kent (AAB): Conditional Offer. I might make them my Insurance choice. I went there on their Open Day and I really liked the atmosphere, the teachers and some of the coursework they presented. Architecture is one of their strong majors, too and the fees are quite reasonable.
    Reading (ABB): Conditional Offer. Might reject this tbh. Architecture is a really new course for them and although they are really strong in Construction, I think I still prefer Kent.

Other activities:
    Monday - Volleyball
    Friday - Badminton

Things I need to focus on (so that I can start planning things for these next few months until exams)
    - Revise C4, do more M1 (I haven't started S1 yet)
    - Revise GEOG1 along with GEOG3 (because I need to do GEOG1 again)
    - Keep myself motivate for doing the Art Exam Project because last year was a tragic case.

Spoiler:
    Show

I am currently at school so I just write the most basic stuffs I can think off. Will update when I get home =)))

ReputationRep:
    Week 1 (30/01-05/02)

To-do Homework:
    - STEP II Questions (due by 01/02)
    - GEOG3 Essay Question (due by 02/02)

**Need to finish Personal Study for Arts

Revision Plan:
    *For this week's test: M1: The motion of two connected particles
    Problems involving pulleys
    GEOG3: Weather & Climates (past paper questions)

Geography:
    For GEOG1:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • The drainage basin hydrological cycle: the water balance.
    • Factors affecting river discharge: the storm hydrograph.
    • The long profile – changing processes: types of erosion, transportation and deposition, types of load; the Hjulstrom curve.
    • Valley profiles – long profile and changing cross profile downstream, graded profile, potential and kinetic energy

For GEOG3:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Plate movement
    • Earth structure, plate tectonics theory: convection currents and sea-floor spreading. Evidence: continental drift and palaeomagnetism.
    • Destructive, constructive and conservative plate margins. Processes: seismicity and vulcanicity. Associated landforms: young fold mountains, rift valleys, ocean ridges, deep sea trenches and island arcs.
    • Hot spots associated with plumes of magma and their relationship to plate movement.

What I'm planning to do is condense my notes into separate notebooks for each major topics and then make flashcards. Because my teacher gives out a lot of handouts and some are more detailed than the other, I think it's best to do this so I can see clearly what I need to study and what other info I can find in textbooks and fill in the knowledge gaps.

**Need to rewrite my Geo essays.

For Art, I need to plan out my Exam Project (Exam start in the beginning of May)

For Maths, revise all concepts for C4 and select one Examination-Style question for each concept in my textbook.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!! Nice start to your blog and I look forward to keeping up with it. How are you finding your A Levels?

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm a current Year 12 student, and I have my own GYG thread that I'd very much appreciate if you had a look at! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4300764

Best of luck with your studies and remaining uni offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Hi there!! Nice start to your blog and I look forward to keeping up with it. How are you finding your A Levels?

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm a current Year 12 student, and I have my own GYG thread that I'd very much appreciate if you had a look at! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4300764

Best of luck with your studies and remaining uni offers
    Thanks for checking out mine.
    Hmm, so far, it is pretty okay since I dropped Physics =)))
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baiichi)
    Thanks for checking out mine.
    Hmm, so far, it is pretty okay since I dropped Physics =)))
    No worries
    Ah cool, I do physics at the moment and it's by far my hardest subject. Glad you feel better for having dropped it though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.