Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I broke up with this guy last month because he's going travelling until october and we only dated for 2 months. It was very sad for both of us but we're on good terms because it was nobody's fault.

I am still completely infatuated with him and I want things to start up again when he gets back. Now basically we haven't been in contact because that would defeat the whole point of the break up where he wanted to be without attachments while he was travelling and not have me waiting around for him.

For christmas we bought each other armani underwear, but he couldn't find the one he wanted to get me. It's my birthday this week and I bought it for myself, would it be inappropriate/cruel to send him a snapchat of me wearing it? I am kind of looking for an excuse to get in contact and send the message that I'm still into him/thinking about him.

But if you were in his position, would that be a nice surprise or confusing?

thanks
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A bit weird tbh.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I broke up with this guy last month because he's going travelling until october and we only dated for 2 months. It was very sad for both of us but we're on good terms because it was nobody's fault.

I am still completely infatuated with him and I want things to start up again when he gets back. Now basically we haven't been in contact because that would defeat the whole point of the break up where he wanted to be without attachments while he was travelling and not have me waiting around for him.

For christmas we bought each other armani underwear, but he couldn't find the one he wanted to get me. It's my birthday this week and I bought it for myself, would it be inappropriate/cruel to send him a snapchat of me wearing it? I am kind of looking for an excuse to get in contact and send the message that I'm still into him/thinking about him.

thanks
    If you broke up with him then I would be very confused and reluctant to get back in touch.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    If you broke up with him then I would be very confused and reluctant to get back in touch.
    it was his idea/mutual. no animosity at all though.
    • TSR Support Team

it was his idea/mutual. no animosity at all though.
    You will have to talk to him about it when he comes back, only way to find out whether he wants to pick it up or just move on.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't react well but it really does depend upon the person

(Original post by Azraall)
    Personally I wouldn't react well but it really does depend upon the person
    thanks can you tell me why?

ReputationRep:
    Why I'd react negatively?

ReputationRep:

thanks
    Of course it would be a -very nice- surprise. Flattering indeed.

Although I must admit I wouldn't really know how to respond. It depends on why he wanted to break up with you. I mean... I guess he wants to be having sex while travelling I imagine. If you had only been seeing one another for 2months were you even explicitly exclusive? I guess so? It seems a bit odd that he'd want to go off and sex with other folk then come back to you and for you to accept him if he did - I wouldn't.

BUT if he booked the travelling ages ago and then met you, wanted to commit to the travelling come back and stay exclusive with you thereafter, well, that makes sense.

To be honest, I'd think no less of you at all if you did it - it would make me smile and perhaps, depending on how I saw you and the terms of the break-up anyway, I'd think about getting back with you. Knowing a girl wants you that bad is extremely hot and makes me want to please her.

ReputationRep:

thanks
    Getting in contact with an underwear pic? Sounds desperate.
    You broke up and he's going away, so what exactly do you expect to gain from this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadanon12)
    You broke up and he's going away, so what exactly do you expect to gain from this?
    Well he's coming back...

ReputationRep:
    I'd react negitively I assume that's what you're asking because I'm a sex repulsed asexual and stuff like that makes me feel physically ill

(Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Of course it would be a -very nice- surprise. Flattering indeed.

Although I must admit I wouldn't really know how to respond. It depends on why he wanted to break up with you. I mean... I guess he wants to be having sex while travelling I imagine. If you had only been seeing one another for 2months were you even explicitly exclusive? I guess so? It seems a bit odd that he'd want to go off and sex with other folk then come back to you and for you to accept him if he did - I wouldn't.

BUT if he booked the travelling ages ago and then met you, wanted to commit to the travelling come back and stay exclusive with you thereafter, well, that makes sense.

To be honest, I'd think no less of you at all if you did it - it would make me smile and perhaps, depending on how I saw you and the terms of the break-up anyway, I'd think about getting back with you. Knowing a girl wants you that bad is extremely hot and makes me want to please her.
    he had it all planned and booked before we met. it was exclusive and definitely not just sex - i mean we weren't talking about love or anything but we were very romantic with each other and it was moving very fast.

I was upset when he wanted to break up but I've realised it would have been ridiculous to make promises at such an early stage and ultimately quite painful trying to keep it going so far apart.

(Original post by Azraall)
    I'd react negitively I assume that's what you're asking because I'm a sex repulsed asexual and stuff like that makes me feel physically ill
    thanks that answers my question

well we only broke up because he was leaving, not because either of us really wanted it to end. I do kind of want him to know that I'm still into him and I haven't moved on (I think he thinks I will because he overestimates how exciting my love life is)

ReputationRep:
    he had it all planned and booked before we met. it was exclusive and definitely not just sex - i mean we weren't talking about love or anything but we were very romantic with each other and it was moving very fast.

I was upset when he wanted to break up but I've realised it would have been ridiculous to make promises at such an early stage and ultimately quite painful trying to keep it going so far apart.
    But to be fair, it's a month. Why can't you just ignore each other for a month, literally agree to let him have sex with folk if he wants to while he's out travelling then come back and settle into a serious relationship with one another for a longer period of time when he returns. I mean, that's what I would have agreed to in your situation myself as you. Granted, he now probably thinks you aren't that interested (or dare I say maybe he wasn't himself really) - so you need to solve that by doing something and personally, as a very sexual guy, I'd appreciate the snapchat

He is returning to where you live right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Well he's coming back...
    After 8 months? That's 4x the amount of time they were together. She could be over him and meet someone new by then.
    If she's prepared to wait for this boy for 8 months (imo no one is that special) and wants his D after he's been banging other chicks on his travels (op will need to check him for STDs) then she needs to try and make some sort of arrangement for his return. Will they have a place in each others lives by then? Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    well we only broke up because he was leaving, not because either of us really wanted it to end. I do kind of want him to know that I'm still into him and I haven't moved on (I think he thinks I will because he overestimates how exciting my love life is)
    You're too hung up and easily attached

ReputationRep:
    After 8 months? That's 4x the amount of time they were together. She could be over him and meet someone new by then.
    If she's prepared to wait for this boy for 8 months (imo no one is that special) and wants his D after he's been banging other chicks on his travels (op will need to check him for STDs) then she needs to try and make some sort of arrangement for his return. Will they have a place in each others lives by then? Who knows.
    Ohhhhh.

I dunno what is wrong with me.

I thought he was only gone for 1month. Not 8!

8 months is way too long. That's really unfortunate though.

I would just tell him how it is - you like him, if he finds himself single when he returns and wants to renew things you, at present, are willing to meet him so don't fret to contact you. Of course, you may not be single then yourself, but if you are...

ReputationRep:
    girl, i've been there done that, don't send a pic....after 8 months apart that's just too full on all at once. Just try and lightly say you still like him. what would happen if he didn't reply or something? that would make you feel bad - well it would to me anyway lmao rip - just wade in slowly, see what happens

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.