Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
    - Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"

Since I am on this site a lot anyways, I decided to make a GYG thread in order to motivate myself to get excellent grades in my final exams in May.

IB predicted and achieved grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Higher Levels:

English Literature A: 6

Chemistry: 6

Biology: 6

Standard Levels:

Mathematics- 6

Mandarin Language B- 7

Psychology- 6 achieved

Extra points: 3 points

Extended Essay: A - US History

Overall: 40/45 points

University choices:
    Spoiler:
    Show

UCAS application sent out on the October 14th/15th

University of Oxford- Magdalen College

BA Human Sciences - Rejected after interview :/

University College London

BSc Human Sciences- Offer: Condition- 38 points overall, 666 HL

University of St Andrews

BSc Sustainable Development- Offer: Condition- 36 points overall, 6 in HL Biology and Chemistry

University of Exeter- Penryn Campus (Cornwall)

BA/BSc Human Sciences w/ Study Abroad- Offer: Condition- 36 points overall or 666 HL

University of Manchester

BSc International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Response- Offer: Condition- 32 points overall and 665 HL

Universities outside of the UK- Australia

University of Melbourne

Bachelor of Science- Offer: Condition- 31 points overall, 4 in SL Maths and HL Biology or Chemistry. 4 in HL English to satisfy the English requirements.

Australian National University

Bachelor of Arts and Sciences: Flexible Double Degree- Offer: Condition- satisfy English requirements and completion of high school. (Applied with SAT score)

University of New South Wales

Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours) and Arts- Offer: Condition- IELTS

Background + Personal Info + Goals
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hi :wavey: some of you may know me from Chat threads or University threads or MHoC (Famous for being the former resident Oxford applicant on the Cambridge thread :rofl::rofl:) but anyhow.

I have never been the best student in my school or in classes but I have always worked hard to the best of my abilities to achieve the grades that I can! Academically I am interested in many topics but I think my primary interests are Biology (mostly environmental/ecological but also interested in genetics.), Geography (physical and human), History (post-colonialism and colonial, plus US history), Anthropology, Politics, and Drama (play interpretation, staging, directing, etc...). I try to learn about a bit about all topics I come across though except for certain ones like maths :/ that I can't stand!

In terms of my personal interests, I enjoy watching sports, mostly football (favourite team is Chelsea #KTBFFH), basketball (Lakers fan) , baseball (New York Yankees fan), American Football (Seattle Seahawks) and cricket (England)- call me a bandwagon fan all you like :rofl: but I am not xD-, debating about random topics, and watching musicals and movies. Of course, this now includes TSR :rofl:

My goals for this thread is to make myself make my predicteds or exceed them so that I can make my grades for my firm university no matter which one it is going to be! and of course to be positive about every curve ball life throws at me.

I believe that I can succeed and get the best grades possible so that I can matriculate in my firm university next year

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, "The Alchemist"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)

Since I am on this site a lot anyways, I decided to make a GYG thread in order to motivate myself to get excellent grades in my final exams in May.

Spoiler:
    Show

Higher Levels:

Standard Levels:

Mathematics- 6

Mandarin Language B- 7

Psychology- 6 achieved

University choices:

Spoiler:
    Show

University of St Andrews

BSc Sustainable Development- Offer: Condition- 36 points overall, 6 in HL Biology and Chemistry

BA/BSc Human Sciences w/ Study Abroad- Offer: Condition- 36 points overall or 666 HL

University of Manchester

BSc International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Response- Pending after Skype Interview

University of Melbourne

Bachelor of Science- Pending

Bachelor of Arts and Sciences: Flexible Double Degree- Offer: Condition- satisfy English requirements and completion of high school. (Applied with SAT score)

Spoiler:
    Show

Hi :wavey: some of you may know me from Chat threads or University threads or MHoC (Famous for being the former resident Oxford applicant on the Cambridge thread :rofl::rofl:) but anyhow.

I have never been the best student in my school or in classes but I have always worked hard to the best of my abilities to achieve the grades that I can! Academically I am interested in many topics but I think my primary interests are Biology (mostly environmental/ecological but also interested in genetics.), Geography (physical and human), History (post-colonialism and colonial, plus US history), Anthropology, Politics, and Drama (play interpretation, staging, directing, etc...). I try to learn about a bit about all topics I come across though except for certain ones like maths :/ that I can't stand!

In terms of my personal interests, I enjoy watching sports, mostly football (favourite team is Chelsea #KTBFFH), basketball (Lakers fan) , baseball (New York Yankees fan), American Football (Seattle Seahawks) and cricket (England)- call me a bandwagon fan all you like :rofl: but I am not xD-, debating about random topics, and watching musicals and movies. Of course, this now includes TSR :rofl:

My goals for this thread is to make myself make my predicteds or exceed them so that I can make my grades for my firm university no matter which one it is going to be! and of course to be positive about every curve ball life throws at me.

I believe that I can succeed and get the best grades possible so that I can matriculate in my firm university next year

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
    :woo::party::rave: Go WOLFMOON88 :ahee::jive::ymca: you can do it
    Subbed 100%

ReputationRep:
    Wow, good luck bro
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :woo::party::rave: Go WOLFMOON88 :ahee::jive::ymca: you can do it
    Subbed 100%
    Thanks Cheese :hugs:

I will try my best!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by ABeingOnEarth)
    Wow, good luck bro
    Thanks man
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Cheese :hugs:

I will try my best!
    :jumphug: that's ok
    You got this :yep:
    • Political Ambassador

wolfmoon88 This is so inspirational. :love:

I'm so proud and conviced you're going to achieve these grades. :hugs::rave:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by EC)
    wolfmoon88 This is so inspirational. :love:

I'm so proud and conviced you're going to achieve these grades. :hugs::rave:
    Thank you :hugs:

I will definitely try my best! *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Higher Levels:

Standard Levels:

Mathematics- 6

Mandarin Language B- 7

Psychology- 6 achieved

University choices:
    Spoiler:
    Show

University of St Andrews

University of Manchester

BSc International Disaster Management and Humanitarian Response- Pending after Skype Interview

University of Melbourne

Spoiler:
    Show

You're applying to Australian universities? I'm so jealous! Honestly, best of luck! I'm sure you'll get those grades and smash your goals

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by SampleX)
    You're applying to Australian universities? I'm so jealous! Honestly, best of luck! I'm sure you'll get those grades and smash your goals

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I did you could still apply to Australian unis! It's not too late yet!

Thank you I'm sure that you will too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Higher Levels:

Standard Levels:

Mathematics- 6

Mandarin Language B- 7

Psychology- 6 achieved

University choices:
    Spoiler:
    Show

University of St Andrews

University of Manchester

University of Melbourne

Spoiler:
    Show

Good luck! :hugs:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Michiyo)
    Good luck! :hugs:
    :hugs: thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are welcome :cube:

Out of curiosity, is the font you are using Book Antiqua? :awesome:

Also, nice quote. I approve of The Alchemist very much :yep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

You are welcome :cube:

Out of curiosity, is the font you are using Book Antiqua? :awesome:

Also, nice quote. I approve of The Alchemist very much :yep:
    :cube:

Yes it is :rofl::rofl:

Yep Paulo Coelho is one of my favourite authors! He has very good books and quotes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :cube:

Yes it is :rofl::rofl:

Yep Paulo Coelho is one of my favourite authors! He has very good books and quotes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice! I use Garamond, but they look similar (You know you are a writer when you can recognise different fonts just by looking at them. :rofl: )

I have heard mixed reviews about him, but I cannot pass my judgement on his writing

Have you read The Spy? OwO It just came out last year
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Nice! I use Garamond, but they look similar (You know you are a writer when you can recognise different fonts just by looking at them. :rofl: )

I have heard mixed reviews about him, but I cannot pass my judgement on his writing

Have you read The Spy? OwO It just came out last year
    :rofl::rofl: Yep!

Hahaha I've heard mixed reviews as well! But I like him so that's all that matters in my eyes

No I haven't :/ I really want to but on a back log of books to read already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    wolfmoon88 - needs an update dude

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.