Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Who is coming to Bradford this year?

Is there anything you would like to know about the University or the city?

We have around 90 societies covering a range of interests, including a baking society for all you Bake Off fans and several sports societies. There are also plenty of things to see in Bradford, such as museums and galleries, and it’s a great place to shop.

If you’re looking for accommodation have a look at our award winning The Green, which is on campus.

How are you feeling about coming to Bradford?

If you have any questions then please ask

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to Bradford in September (deferred entry). I noticed the other day that application for accommodation in The Green has opened but in order to register I need a student number, any idea when I'll get that?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viriani)
    Hi, I'm going to Bradford in September (deferred entry). I noticed the other day that application for accommodation in The Green has opened but in order to register I need a student number, any idea when I'll get that?
    Thanks
    Hi! If you log in to the Your Bradford portal and go to 'My Applications' then click 'Track My Application' your UB number should be under 'Course Application Details Ref No'

I hope that helps, if you still aren't sure what your UB number is then just drop us a PM and we will be able to help you :cute:

Emma

https://your.bradford.ac.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I've been given a place at the green in which I've
    already accepted but I was given the Edda Hall, is there any map or information about this hall that you can provide me with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derron123)
    already accepted but I was given the Edda Hall, is there any map or information about this hall that you can provide me with?
    Hi Derron

I will try and get hold of an accommodation map for you

Emma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derron123)
    Hi Derron

Please can you drop us a PM with your email address? I've got a PDF of the accommodation map that I can send.

Emma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Bradford)

We have around 90 societies covering a range of interests, including a baking society for all you Bake Off fans and several sports societies. There are also plenty of things to see in Bradford, such as museums and galleries, and it’s a great place to shop.

If you’re looking for accommodation have a look at our award winning The Green, which is on campus.

Emma
    I thought about applying there, it's a Northern city, cheap, did the course I want, had assessment methods I am suited to, it's just the area and the reputation of the city itself that put me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain5)
    I thought about applying there, it's a Northern city, cheap, did the course I want, had assessment methods I am suited to, it's just the area and the reputation of the city itself that put me off.

Hi

I know Bradford might not have the best reputation but I have lived and worked here for a number of years and I've never had any issues. It's good for shopping and even better for food

Don't just be persuaded by what you read, come and visit us on an Open Day to find out more and take a look at Bradford and the surrounding area yourself: http://www.bradford.ac.uk/study/visit-us/undergraduate-open-days/

We have also started a student life thread here if you want to have a look!

Emma

ReputationRep:

Emma
    Hey I have a conditional offer and I'm looking to apply for accommodation but I was wondering what happens if you don't meet the grades? And you don't get the place. Do we have to put some sort of deposit or anything when booking accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifrana135)
    Hey I have a conditional offer and I'm looking to apply for accommodation but I was wondering what happens if you don't meet the grades? And you don't get the place. Do we have to put some sort of deposit or anything when booking accommodation?
    Hello

I have checked with our admissions team and for students with conditional offers you won't have to pay anything until your grades have been confirmed

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have checked with our admissions team and for students with conditional offers you won't have to pay anything until your grades have been confirmed

Emma
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

Sorry I'm not looking to join the uni this year but rather the college (Sept2017). I can't find the college link here on TSR, I can't find anyone to talk with about it either.

Please help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theartofblanks)
    Hiya

Sorry I'm not looking to join the uni this year but rather the college (Sept2017). I can't find the college link here on TSR, I can't find anyone to talk with about it either.

Please help?
    Sorry can't help you with that. Most of the people on this thread are university students. Try using Google to search for a thread on the college. Personally I'm not from Bradford so I can't really offer much help. Sorry.if you need help with anything else regarding college in general I'm happy to help 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifrana135)
    Sorry can't help you with that. Most of the people on this thread are university students. Try using Google to search for a thread on the college. Personally I'm not from Bradford so I can't really offer much help. Sorry.if you need help with anything else regarding college in general I'm happy to help 😊
    It's okay haha I'll keep looking closer to the date. Thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i was given a conditional offer, if the grades are not upto would i still be given a chance and i want to find out about graduate assistant program, can i start the session even if i haven't payed in full but have proof to pay installmentally as the session progresses???

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i was given a conditional offer, if the grades are not upto would i still be given a chance and i want to find out about graduate assistant program, can i start the session even if i haven't payed in full but have proof to pay installmentally as the session progresses???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice-e)

Hello

I think I have just replied to you on another thread but I'll post here just to make sure that you see it!

If you have received a conditional offer then we would expect you to meet these conditions for the offer to stand.

Are you able to give a little more information about which graduate programme it is that you're interested in so that we can help with this?

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone need cheap accommodation at Bradford?

I signed a contract at Longside House Bradford for the upcoming academic year 2017/2018. However, I no longer need this room due to unforeseen circumstances.

The contract is £67.50 pw for 44 weeks, starting 10/09/2017. This is one of the cheapest you will find anywhere is Bradford. It is also just a few minutes walk from the university, so perfect if you want to roll out of bed and get to uni.

The room is ensuite. It has a 3/4 bed, private bathroom and a shared kitchen.

I spoke to the staff at Longside House and they agree to change the person on the contract, so everything is fine on their part. The staff even told me that you can upgrade the room or select a different room to the one that I was offered.

If you are interested please message me for more information. Or if you know someone who would be interested, please tag them in. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi i have a place at bradford univeristy for adult nursing wanted to ask what is the duration of each placement and do we have 3 placements each year ? and how many hours need to be completed each year ?

ReputationRep:
    Any good private flat buildings near the campus? Looking to live alone

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.