Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been ridiculed for your looks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    oh :lolwut:
    Yeah it was a boarding school, her and her friends started playing with ouija boards and got in big trouble for it (surprised anyone cared tbh), her response was to try to set fire to some part of the school.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    One time in high school a kid in the year below me called me fuzzball because I have curly hair :cry2:

On a more serious note though, I used to be ridiculed much more for my personality (being very shy) rather than my looks. Whenever people made fun of me, I just tried my best to ignore them and not give them any reaction, which was what they were looking for

ReputationRep:
    I guess, I dont really take notice unless its a friend who's just messing around

ReputationRep:
    yep, was on here actually.

(Original post by Mistletoe)
      Yeah it was a boarding school, her and her friends started playing with ouija boards and got in big trouble for it (surrised anyone cared tbh), her response was to try to set fire to some part of the school.
      lmao for making a bizarre story even more bizarre :rofl:
      • Community Assistant
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      Apparently, my eyes look like lemons and are too big. Also, the idea that I have a resting ***** face Most of the time I didn't take notice of these comments, however, the resting angry face slightly hit home, as the majority of the time I am happy even if I appear angry or sad.

ReputationRep:
      When I was in like year 4 I had my hair (which is very thick and frizzy and curly) down as a change, the kids in my class kept laughing at me and said I had an afro. I went into the toilets and just cried and found a rubber band and put my hair back up - and that's where the paranoia of having my hair down for the past 9 years came from.
      I have shorter hair now and just try to give 0 ****s as long as I like it and am comfortable, but some kids are just dicks. :console:
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KaylaB)
      When I was in like year 4 I had my hair (which is very thick and frizzy and curly) down as a change, the kids in my class kept laughing at me and said I had an afro. I went into the toilets and just cried and found a rubber band and put my hair back up - and that's where the paranoia of having my hair down for the past 9 years came from.
      I have shorter hair now and just try to give 0 ****s as long as I like it and am comfortable, but some kids are just dicks. :console:
      :hugs: You were in year 4 then don't worry about that.

ReputationRep:
      Some girls in my old school used to bully me because I had braces, really bad acne and glasses. I ignored them.

I got my braces taken off, I haven't had a breakout in years and I don't need my glasses. I heard that one of the girls who used to bully me about it has kind of let herself go.

• Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RainbowMan)
      Stop invoking feels .
      Tbh I only had comments on my looks when I was younger.

No one seems to care now which is slightly reassuring...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by S2M)
      :hugs: You were in year 4 then don't worry about that.
      I don't now, but back then it really got to me. :console:

Oh the troubled life of an 8 year old :moon:

ReputationRep:
      I have acne so i get ridiculed often :/ I'm also really skinny but its all good. Never took any of it seriously

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hezzlington)
      yep, was on here actually.
      wat r u bugs

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CraigBackner)
      wat r u bugs
      ??

no i wasn't bullied. And i think i was blessed with good looks. I'm fortunate and grateful
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KaylaB)
      I don't now, but back then it really got to me. :console:

Oh the troubled life of an 8 year old :moon:
      Yeah that's true. I was more bullied in year 9, 10 and 11.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by saraxh)
      It's funny how the guys that called me ugly in Year 7 now try to slide into my dms. :rofl:
      Whilst you're wearing them? DMs are comfy as ****, but two's a crowd.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Drunk Punx)
      Whilst you're wearing them? DMs are comfy as ****, but two's a crowd.
      Sorry what?
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Sorry what?
      Think he means the shoes :lol:

ReputationRep:
      Sorry what?
      Doc Martens are often abbreviated as DMs.

I'll see myself out.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.