Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been ridiculed for your looks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye it's a stereotype because it's been around a long ass time and they don't apply to everyone. I can make the same vids with my personal thoughts on any ethnicity doesn't mean it's true for everyone. It's just generalising.

Especially because the world is so globalised now. Those asian / white relationship stereotypes would have held more wait before we were born but countries are way more mixed now.

I was made fun of for looking asian l already said that in my other posts.
    right so if youve been made fun of for looking asian then this whole conversation was pointless because it means eurasianwriter was right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    right so if youve been made fun of for looking asian then this whole conversation was pointless because it means eurasianwriter was right.
    I was talking about all the other stereotypes he mentioned about white men - asian women relationsips always being a total nerd husband + woman who's just using him to get to america etc. lol.

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about all the other stereotypes he mentioned about white men - asian women relationsips always being a total nerd husband + woman who's just using him to get to america etc. lol.
    Well yea those were just his personal accounts as he openly admits it's his personal experiences. The thing is, millions of other half asians have shared his sentiments so idk why you're not but ok. You don't, that's fine, but I'm sure there's some things you and him would agree on lol But I expected you to not agree with the parent thing because, why, you have white/Asian parents and it would only be disgraceful even if it's brutally honest to tell a stranger on a public forum that it might be true about your own parents. I didn't even expect you to respond tbh but I still wanted to share it with ya.

ReputationRep:
    Well yea those were just his personal accounts as he openly admits it's his personal experiences. The thing is, millions of other half asians have shared his sentiments so idk why you're not but ok. You don't, that's fine, but I'm sure there's some things you and him would agree on lol But I expected you to not agree with the parent thing because, why, you have white/Asian parents and it would only be disgraceful even if it's brutally honest to tell a stranger on a public forum that it might be true about your own parents. I didn't even expect you to respond tbh but I still wanted to share it with ya.
    Because it doesn't apply to my parents? :laugh:

My mum was from a really rich family and my dad lived with her in the phillipines before they decided to have kids. They had a better life there than in UK. They just came here because it's a better future for me and my sister to be educated in the UK because the degrees are worth more in this country. They're probably going back to the phillipines once I have a job and they can retire.

My dad never had a problem getting girlfriends. Seen his photos when he was a teenager and he was good looking lol. His mother is racist and hates us though.

And they're always doing lovey dovey stuff and saying how much they love each other.

The rest of my mums family are all asian-asian mums n dads.

ReputationRep:
    Because it doesn't apply to my parents? :laugh:

My mum was from a really rich family and my dad lived with her in the phillipines before they decided to have kids. They had a better life there than in UK. They just came here because it's a better future for me and my sister to be educated in the UK because the degrees are worth more in this country. They're probably going back to the phillipines once I have a job and they can retire.

My dad never had a problem getting girlfriends. Seen his photos when he was a teenager and he was good looking lol. His mother is racist and hates us though.

And they're always doing lovey dovey stuff and saying how much they love each other.

The rest of my mums family are all asian-asian mums n dads.
    well yea I said in response one that even if it doesn't match your personal anecdotes, that doesn't mean he's lying or talking ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Honestly have no clue whatsoever what you're on about. I'm mancunian.
    Ahhh 0161 xD

ReputationRep:
    yes, but I'd either come up with some sort of comeback or just shut up and let them get all that **** out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    yes, but I'd either come up with some sort of comeback or just shut up and let them get all that **** out
    :hugs:

well...at least ur beautiful on the inside

ReputationRep:
    Yeppp. Mostly because of my height, though!

ReputationRep:
    Yup quite a bit, people would just randomly call me names and insulting my looks while I'm walking on the street. they'd call me pussy, they'd call me a *****, they'd call me scrawny. I had enough, I fuelled all my anger into the gym. Pain, sweat, tears, all of it, thinking about those moments made me stronger, every time I went in I gave it my all 100%. 18 months later, I was stronger. I was ready. I kept walking down the same street in the off chance I see them again. Then one day, it happened. I saw them just sitting at the bus stop, my heart beating 100x faster, shortness if breath, mental images of those times came flooding into my mind. I didn't forget them and I made damn sure they'd never forget me ever again.

Yeah...I used to get called ugly by randomers in the street. and I was regularly ridiculed at school for looking odd.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Started receding pretty early (had longer hair back then though so never noticed until about 18) so had a lot of jokes and comments about that. Can't say i cared though since i got tonnes more women than most of my friends.

ReputationRep:
      :hugs:

well...at least ur beautiful on the inside
      awww thanks bruh
      same for you btw

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, there's this one ******* who does it all the friggin time. And that ******* is me.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah but I just shrug it off cos I don't give an eff about others opinions of me lol.
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Milts)
      Ahhh 0161 xD
      right...

ReputationRep:
      I absolutely have , at school especially . Kids can be meaaaaaan

ReputationRep:
      right...
      I swear that's how numbers start in Manchester? "0161..."
      LOL sht
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Milts)
      I swear that's how numbers start in Manchester? "0161..."
      LOL sht
      It is

ReputationRep:
      It is
      Do you know who Bugzy Malone is? If you do you'd understand why I said 0161

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.