Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, would any students currently doing Air transport management at Loughborough University please tell me of their experiences. Is it difficult? Do you recommend it? The student satisfaction is low but why? Would it be best if I went to Coventry University to do Aviation Management instead? I need to make my mind up but I don't know what to do! Any information or help would be a big help!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also in the same boat as you with Lboro vs Coventry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivxr)
    I'm also in the same boat as you with Lboro vs Coventry!
    Hey Olivxr!

Finally someone replies! I know this is a difficult choice especially this being such a niche course that few do or even know about. For me
    I am going for Coventry. Go to applicant days and see where is best for you! I won't say where you should go as it is your choice. Coventry are more interested in the individual and are more friendly as they want you to be in first name basis but Loughborough you call them sir/Dr. Coventry offer multiple trips both nationally and internationally that Loughborough don't. They have a higher student satisfaction for the course the Loughborough and are better in this industry, they have links with the Emirates university in Dubai. I have been to both applicant days and from what I have seen, Coventry care and are interested in you especially if you are interested in the course. If you've done work experience in the industry they really like that but in Loughborough they give the impression of they don't care. That is what I got when I told both places of my work experience at Qatar Airways. Yes, the lecturers at Loughborough are definitely qualified but none have worked in the field, so how can they properly teach. All lecturers in Coventry have worked in the industry and now teach in it with their degrees. I have a friend on the course at Coventry and he absolutely loves it. I am accepting Coventry as my first choice as I believe they are the best option for this course. As a uni Loughborough is better but course wise it isn't. But as they said in Coventry, you go where you want and where will make you happy. I just believe that Coventry will be that place for me. I have a lot more to say but not enough space to write it all. I really hope this helps and if you need more help please please just ask.

Luke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukedt1)
    Hey Olivxr!

Finally someone replies! I know this is a difficult choice especially this being such a niche course that few do or even know about. For me
    I am going for Coventry. Go to applicant days and see where is best for you! I won't say where you should go as it is your choice. Coventry are more interested in the individual and are more friendly as they want you to be in first name basis but Loughborough you call them sir/Dr. Coventry offer multiple trips both nationally and internationally that Loughborough don't. They have a higher student satisfaction for the course the Loughborough and are better in this industry, they have links with the Emirates university in Dubai. I have been to both applicant days and from what I have seen, Coventry care and are interested in you especially if you are interested in the course. If you've done work experience in the industry they really like that but in Loughborough they give the impression of they don't care. That is what I got when I told both places of my work experience at Qatar Airways. Yes, the lecturers at Loughborough are definitely qualified but none have worked in the field, so how can they properly teach. All lecturers in Coventry have worked in the industry and now teach in it with their degrees. I have a friend on the course at Coventry and he absolutely loves it. I am accepting Coventry as my first choice as I believe they are the best option for this course. As a uni Loughborough is better but course wise it isn't. But as they said in Coventry, you go where you want and where will make you happy. I just believe that Coventry will be that place for me. I have a lot more to say but not enough space to write it all. I really hope this helps and if you need more help please please just ask.

Luke
    Just sent you a PM
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukedt1)
    Hi, would any students currently doing Air transport management at Loughborough University please tell me of their experiences. Is it difficult? Do you recommend it? The student satisfaction is low but why? Would it be best if I went to Coventry University to do Aviation Management instead? I need to make my mind up but I don't know what to do! Any information or help would be a big help!

Thank you!
    Hi lukedt1

I've been waiting for a couple of replies from our students, but as one of them is in Thailand at the moment, it took a while to get a response.

Here's what they say about the ATM course - not sure if it helps or not.

Andy - 3rd year

A very broad range of knowledge has been developed not just within the transport sector but across a range of disciplines including management and economics that are highly transferable into employment both during a placement year and upon graduation.

Jacky - 3rd Year

As an international student, choosing Loughborough for the ATM course is a decision I would never regret. This course has provided both theoretical and practical opportunities for me to envelop well rounded skills to become a professional in transportation industry.

Hope it helps a bit.
    Vicky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.