Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    who won VH1's worst number 1 I missed it

ReputationRep:
    It was Cliff Richard with 'The Millennium Prayer.'

ReputationRep:
    Good! It's terrible. Wheras several of the other songs on it *cough* The Final Countdown *cough* are great.

Anyone know where the Final Countdown came?

ReputationRep:
    i thought that the final countdown was a huge succes when it came. it is the song with europe you mean? or?

(Original post by TommyP)
    It was Cliff Richard with 'The Millennium Prayer.'
    and it deserves the title too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    i thought that the final countdown was a huge succes when it came. it is the song with europe you mean? or?
    Yup! Sold 26 million copies. And the album sold 6 million copies (4 of which are mine Hopefully five soon )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Yup! Sold 26 million copies. And the album sold 6 million copies (4 of which are mine Hopefully five soon )
    5 Copies? of the same album? why oh why would you want to do that?

(especially 5 Europe albums )

ReputationRep:
    Remastered Edition on CD
    Original version on CD
    Rare cover on vinyl
    Rare cover on vinyl signed by Joey Tempest
    And the one I may be getting is part of a set and is the same as the rare cover.

I collect Europe stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Remastered Edition on CD
    Original version on CD
    Rare cover on vinyl
    Rare cover on vinyl signed by Joey Tempest
    And the one I may be getting is part of a set and is the same as the rare cover.

I collect Europe stuff
    the best i can manage is 3 copies of The Who - Live at Leeds and 3 of The Beatles - White Album

ReputationRep:
    Hehe if you think that's bad, I have way more copies of the song of the Final Countdown

ReputationRep:
    Vanilla with Don't Get Fresh With Me was far worse than Millenium Prayer, did that get to number one?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is worse than Millenium Prayer...nothing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    the best i can manage is 3 copies of The Who - Live at Leeds and 3 of The Beatles - White Album
    At the last count, I have 17 copies of Queen's "Greatest Hits"
    - vinyl, foreign vinyl, tape, minidisc, CD.....and most sad of all, reel-to-reel!

Now who's the sad one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Col-C)
    At the last count, I have 17 copies of Queen's "Greatest Hits"
    - vinyl, foreign vinyl, tape, minidisc, CD.....and most sad of all, reel-to-reel!

Now who's the sad one
    You, it would appear

ReputationRep:
    The Final Countdown is awesome, if anyone is bored download covers by the bands "Children of Bodom" and "Norther"

"Carrie" by Europe is awesome also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    The Final Countdown is awesome, if anyone is bored download covers by the bands "Children of Bodom" and "Norther"

"Carrie" by Europe is awesome also!
    The best version of Final Countdown i've heard is a version by Senor Senor, a band that plays classic rock songs in a mexican stylee...

it's the only version i don't hate...because it makes me laugh....

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember seeing 'the final countdown' on the chart - maybe they just used it in the adverts for the show seeing as it was a final countdown of sorts?!? I don't think it should be included as one of the worst number 1's!!

Other songs in the list I remember:
    Mr Blobby
    Barbie Girl
    Billie - Because we want to
    Tellytubbies
    Busted - Who's David & Mcfly - Five colours in her hair were both on there as well!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.