Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what happens if you accidently ring Childline Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do they track you??

ReputationRep:
    Track you? Why would they be doing that?

The only reason they would track you is if you said that either you or someone else near you was in immediate, life-threatening danger; for example, if you told them that you were about to attempt suicide, or had already severely harmed yourself, or if you were witnessing an assault or other serious crime. In this case they might track you in order to send an ambulance or the police.

Otherwise, don't worry about it. They don't track unless seriously worried for the safety of you or someone you are speaking about. If you dial the number accidentally and hang up, they'll think nothing of it and simply move on to the next call. They get that all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Track you? Why would they be doing that?
    bc I accidentally rang and them hung up straight away so will they track me to see if I'm in trouble or something
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl995)
    bc I accidentally rang and them hung up straight away so will they track me to see if I'm in trouble or something
    No, don't worry about it. A lot of people call and hang up without saying anything.

ReputationRep:
    It's only for emergency numbers like 999 (and maybe 101 I'm not sure) where you can get into trouble for cold calling. Childine really don't care as they've got so many people to speak to that they have no need to track you. Some people cal childline for things such as "I don't know what to eat tonight because I had chicken last night and...." (yeah I know of cases where that's happened) so they're wasting their time much more than you. And you didn't even do anything wrong really. Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. Childline are really careful about being discreet. The only time they would attempt to contact you would be if they had reason to believe you or someone else's life was at risk e.g. through suicide or abuse. If you do feel like you need to talk to childline you should go for it, they can be really helpful and (google it but I'm pretty sure) they don't show up on your phone bill or anything so your parents won't know you called.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.