Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, i have applied to do a masters in social work at York, hull, Huddersfield and both Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam, anyone else got interviews for these yet? Any advice?
    Thanks, Chloe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    If it's been longer than 4 weeks you can ask for an update. At interview be prepared to talk about why you, why the course, why the uni and dept, what your career plans are and how your skills and experience fit with the course. Ask some of your own questions as well.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Chloe! I think we met at the university of Sheffield interview Have you decided which uni you want to go to yet?
    Lucy x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I think we did lol, I'm going to York but Sheffield is my insurance xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloegibson96)
    Hi! I think we did lol, I'm going to York but Sheffield is my insurance xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds good! I chose sheffield as my first choice in the end Do you know when we should apply for the bursary? Do we need to wait for the uni to short list us first? Pretty confused about the whole thing haha! Thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucysmith95)
    Sounds good! I chose sheffield as my first choice in the end Do you know when we should apply for the bursary? Do we need to wait for the uni to short list us first? Pretty confused about the whole thing haha! Thanks xxx
    Aww that's great news and York said to me they'll put me on the list but I know we need to apply so I'll just google it and apply soon but the uni should put you on this list as soon as you accept offer xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Chloe, I think we met at the Hull interview. I'm Sarah - the one from Wakefield with really blonde hair and glasses. I've accepted a place at York too so I guess I will see you there in September!!

Aww that's great news and York said to me they'll put me on the list but I know we need to apply so I'll just google it and apply soon but the uni should put you on this list as soon as you accept offer xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taikodrum)
    Hi Chloe, I think we met at the Hull interview. I'm Sarah - the one from Wakefield with really blonde hair and glasses. I've accepted a place at York too so I guess I will see you there in September!!
    Hi! Yes I remember you aw that's great news I'm happy for you I'll see you then! I'm just filling out my bursary form at the minute it's a nightmare haha xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Yes I remember you aw that's great news I'm happy for you I'll see you then! I'm just filling out my bursary form at the minute it's a nightmare haha xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh god, you're ahead of me then! I've not even looked at it yet :/ Just been sorting out getting a new DBS then will look at bursary. I saw from your posts that you got a fair few offers - well done!! You really deserved it as you'd clearly done loads of prep ahead of the Hull interview! Anyway, good luck with the bursary form....xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taikodrum)
    Oh god, you're ahead of me then! I've not even looked at it yet :/ Just been sorting out getting a new DBS then will look at bursary. I saw from your posts that you got a fair few offers - well done!! You really deserved it as you'd clearly done loads of prep ahead of the Hull interview! Anyway, good luck with the bursary form....xx
    Hahaha! Just thought oh lord need to sort it out cos a bursary would definitely help 😂 I've sent my DBS off and you get it back fairly quickly and it is easy too so don't worry about that it's just bursary now! Some of the questions are very confusing so just trying to get my head around it and send it off! Aww thank you Sarah, yeah all the revision actually paid off I was so worried I wouldn't get a place but so thankful I'm halfway there haha! but well done to you too! That interview wasn't easy lol, good luck to you too Hun message me if needed or find me on Facebook if you like it's Chloe Gibson, you'll probably recognise my picture with the short grey hair 😂 xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not applying for 2017 entry but I'm applying for 2018 entry I'm currently studying at Hallam though so if you have any questions about the university (or city) I'll be happy to answer any for you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.