Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So there's this girl I like quite a lot, and I found out she has a new boyfriend fairly recently. I asked her out at the beginning of December, and she said she already had plans with a friend of hers at the time (no boyfriend at that point, I checked before I asked her out).
    Basically, I wanted to ask if I ever really had a chance with her, since I'm really confused about it and I don't know if I want to wait for this new relationship to pass, assuming it does so, or if i should just cut my losses and move on with my life.

Additional bits that might be of relevance:
    I'm going to uni this autumn
    She has described me as really sweet in the past
    She works for my parents
    A mutual friend doesn't think I ever had a chance, but then she also thought I wouldn't have the stones to ask this girl out.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty clear she is not up for it bearing in mind she turned a date and got off with someone else. You could ask her where you stand and likely get a just good friend answer. Personally I think it's best to avoid this extra slight humiliation. Plan B, plenty more fish...

(Original post by Zarek)
    It's pretty clear she is not up for it bearing in mind she turned a date and got off with someone else. You could ask her where you stand and likely get a just good friend answer. Personally I think it's best to avoid this extra slight humiliation. Plan B, plenty more fish...
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    She's found someone else and you should move on, waiting around isn't going to be of much help to you, when you could find someone else as well. It doesn't seem like she was very interested to begin with.
    • Very Important Poster

Move on plus you are going to uni. Valling you sweet could have jsut her being nice.
    Dont ask her if you ever had a chance it looks weak imo and you might not get the truth plus it would be an awkward situation.

sounds very much like a situation i am in myself at the moment bud, except in my case she had broken up recently with her boyfriend of like a year but still talked about him all the time and was in fairly regular contact with him when i was trying to get to know her better, eventually at a school prom i made a bit of a move on her which she rejected as she only wanted to be friends. Then after a while she started searching for me to chat at lunch etc and popped up on fb but almost as soon as this interest rekindled it died and she went cold again and won't really give me the time of day now. Sometimes you just need to accept that a door won't open no matter how hard you knock and until you do you will just get worked up about it. Move on and look for someone else. save you getting pissed about by a girl that is hot/cold with you multiple times a week

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    She's found someone else and you should move on, waiting around isn't going to be of much help to you, when you could find someone else as well. It doesn't seem like she was very interested to begin with.
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Move on plus you are going to uni. Valling you sweet could have jsut her being nice.
    Dont ask her if you ever had a chance it looks weak imo and you might not get the truth plus it would be an awkward situation.
    Thank you both for the advice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.