Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Art, Drama and D.T for GCSE too much? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    I am preparing to submit my final GCSE list but I am unsure on one thing. I want to take Drama, D.T and Art as 3 as my choices but people are telling me that is is way to much work and unrealistic to pass. I am passionate and willing to work but is it too many 'soft' subjects or just unrealistic ? Help please!
    Eloise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseGregory)
    Hello all,
    I am preparing to submit my final GCSE list but I am unsure on one thing. I want to take Drama, D.T and Art as 3 as my choices but people are telling me that is is way to much work and unrealistic to pass. I am passionate and willing to work but is it too many 'soft' subjects or just unrealistic ? Help please!
    Eloise
    No you will be fine colleges don't care about your GCSES as long as you get 5 C's it's A levels you want to worry about your choice for, as unis look at that both grades and subject
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseGregory)
    Hello all,
    Eloise
    I am not sure about this. From experience, product design requires a lot of work and art...I don't want to even talk about how much work that is. I wouldn't say these are soft subjects but would advice you to perhaps drop DT or Art. Taking both of these subjects puts other core subjects in jeopardy I believe, as they generally are prioritised over anything else (I am talking about coursework/controlled assessment).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would probably pick either 2 humanities subjects and 1 creative one or 1 humanities and 2 creative ones since you can balance it. I picked Art, Drama and Geography.

ReputationRep:
    From someone whos going through GCSE Art hell at the moment, whos behind on their coursewprk and their exam starts on the 11th May, Dont pick that many creative subjects. Art for some reason theres an abnormal amount of coursework to do, that its a joke and you'll probably suffer through some mental breakdowns contemplating why you picked this :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: subject.

I'd say only pick one Arts/Creative subject, because I have not done much revision for my academical subjects because of Art.

ReputationRep:
    take 2 languages o geography

ReputationRep:
    I picked Art, Media(this ones easy) and Triple science and I want to kms.

Spoiler:
    Show

Maybe drop one.

ReputationRep:
    History o Art

ReputationRep:
    Eng.Lit

ReputationRep:
    I would say if you want to do those things in your future - creative things like Art etc, then pick them all. However, it is a lot. It might derail you a bit from your core subjects. So if you like another subject like history or French for example, I would switch one. However if you don't like any other subjects, as long as you are confident, go forth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faloodeh)
    I picked Art, Media(this ones easy) and Triple science and I want to kms.

Spoiler:
    Show

Maybe drop one.

Preach me in a nutshell.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I picked Art, drama and geography too! I'm so thankful someone was thought this was an okay idea too. I was really worried it would be a tough workload. Thankyou so much for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    I think those subjects have a lot of course work. Not so much academically challenging as compared to things like science, but I'm fairly sure they have a lot of course work. If you enjoy them, go for it though!!

ReputationRep:
    It will be a lot of work but ultimately you will have a lot of your work done before exams (Drama and Art are both done before other exams) so you will have more time to concentrate on other exams then. I know someone who did Drama, Art and Product Design and she was fine!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.