Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering how many lessons ppl took before they passed their test?

if i started now, wud their b a chance i wud be able to get my test by the end of september! or is that being too unrealistic?

ReputationRep:
    50! damn, maybe its gonna be harder than i thought! i'll probably end up needing that amount 2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceilí Aiobh)
    i was just wondering how many lessons ppl took before they passed their test?

if i started now, wud their b a chance i wud be able to get my test by the end of september! or is that being too unrealistic?
    i had loads of lessons.
    depends how fast you learn, driving isnt really that hard. its drving the "right" way thats hard. so if you try doing everything the "right" way. like make looking in mirrors obvious and stuff...then maybe...

PS: i dont know where abouts you live, but i doubt you'll get in the queue though. loads of people waiting fot tests. thats whats its like where i live.

ReputationRep:
    i had around 25 hrs worth of lessons before i took my test...failed the 1st time....had a huge 3 hr session after that and passed the second!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swim By)
    i dont know where abouts you live, but i doubt you'll get in the queue though. loads of people waiting fot tests. thats whats its like where i live.
    I was told that if i booked a test now it would be in late December. Long wait.

ReputationRep:
    i had 15 hours before i passed mine - I passed last friday (first time)

woohoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Someone once told me you need at least as many lessons as your age in years. That could be nonsense though. You could probably do it in a lot less than that if you cram a load into a short space of time.
    he he, that would be 18 (sory picked it up wrong!!!) lessons then!
    hopefully i'll try and fit in 2 lessons a week and see how it goes!
    the sooner i pass the sooner i can buy a car!

ReputationRep:
    PS: i dont know where abouts you live, but i doubt you'll get in the queue though. loads of people waiting fot tests. thats whats its like where i live.[/QUOTE]

seriously! i live in n. ireland, hopefully its not as bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    I was told that if i booked a test now it would be in late December. Long wait.
    i dont know where you are in london, but im in the inner city (well, kinda) so the waiting times are longer. out in the suburbs (Barnet, for example) the waiting times are a bit less (not as low as in wales, though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jak Spencer)

woohoo
    WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    i dont know where you are in london, but im in the inner city (well, kinda) so the waiting times are longer. out in the suburbs (Barnet, for example) the waiting times are a bit less (not as low as in wales, though)
    SE suburbs i'm in. How long is the wait for you then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jak Spencer)

woohoo
    i passed mine the friday before that
    first time too

ReputationRep:
    SE suburbs i'm in. How long is the wait for you then?
    well, i got a test in april for july/august.

ReputationRep:
    well, i got a test in april for july/august.
    3 month wait?

ReputationRep:
    3 month wait?
    well it was then, i dont know what it is now.

ReputationRep:
    well it was then, i dont know what it is now.
    Thats pretty good. I can't even book my test till 31st August (theory date), so by then it'll be about January time, probably in the lovely snow/ice.

ReputationRep:
    Thats pretty good. I can't even book my test till 31st August (theory date), so by then it'll be about January time, probably in the lovely snow/ice.
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    good luck
    Hehe thanks

ReputationRep:
    i took 4 lessons.

i learnt how to drive with my dad.

i think that however bad an instructor my dad was it's better than paying £300 for lessons any day.

ReputationRep:
    To those finding it difficult to book a driving test, I suggest booking online at https://www.dsa.gov.uk/tests/index.htm

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.