Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The chances of getting into Woodhouse College with good grades despite long travel jo Watch

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Woodhouse college and was wondering whether grades are valued more than the proximity to school as I live somewhat far from the school. Could anyone who got in despite living far from the school let me know what subjects they applied for, the grades they achieved in their GCSEs and where they live so I can have a brief idea about the thought process involved in accepting applicants. All help would be appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    They are less concerned about distance and more so with travel time so if you live near a train it could help. They'll address it in your interview. If it would take over 2 hours to get here then it will probably impact your chances. There are students coming from walthamstow, London Bridge and Harrow to give you an idea of distance.

Gradewise it's not as demanding as you might expect. I got 5 As, 4Bs. It helps to have good grades but a Bs in maths and english, a grade point average of 6.5 and As in your chosen courses should get you in.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much you've been really helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.