Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do people make of this article? Is this his real plan? And how can you even win against this?

https://medium.com/@jakefuentes/the-...0c5#.hpea6ow33

I think you overestimate Trump's and his team's intellect. Like, drastically.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      I think you overestimate Trump's and his team's intellect. Like, drastically.
      I read a similar article here on the same website that does a good job of arguing the angle in the OP. It sounds a little bit 'tinfoil hat' but I mean, the facts are there, and they're worrying.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Captain Haddock)
      I read a similar article here on the same website that does a good job of arguing the angle in the OP. It sounds a little bit 'tinfoil hat' but I mean, the facts are there, and they're worrying.
      Yea, it's very sound from a logical point of view.

ReputationRep:
      Silly liberals with their attention seeking conspiracy theories. What Trump is doing is just plain common sense, not some fascist plot.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Len Goodman)
      Silly liberals with their attention seeking conspiracy theories. What Trump is doing is just plain common sense, not some fascist plot.
      You are a fool or you are dangerous.

Whether Trump's substantive policies are correct or not has nothing to do with whether he is a fascist or not.

I don't think he is authoritarian but I await events. However, if he is a fascist, he is no less of a fascist if he advocates policies I support.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nulli tertius)
      You are a fool or you are dangerous.

Whether Trump's substantive policies are correct or not has nothing to do with whether he is a fascist or not.

I don't think he is authoritarian but I await events. However, if he is a fascist, he is no less of a fascist if he advocates policies I support.
      No, I'm simply able to identify and criticize fake news. There's no legitimacy in those stupid claims whatsoever.

Trump is not in it for the money or himself, he is in it for the everyday hard-working American citizen.

ReputationRep:
      No, I'm simply able to identify and criticize fake news. There's no legitimacy in those stupid claims whatsoever.

Trump is not in it for the money or himself, he is in it for the everyday hard-working American citizen.
      Saying "there's no legitimacy" is meaningless if you're unable to refute the theory. It's not "fake news" because it's never meant to be news in the first place; It's a theory that thus far has been playing out just how it was written.

ReputationRep:

It's amazing how much faith some people have. It takes plenty of it to think someone of Trump's sort is in it for anything but his own prestige and legacy.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Caius Filimon)
      It's amazing how much faith some people have. It takes plenty of it to think someone of Trump's sort is in it for anything but his own prestige and legacy.
      Len Goodman has somehow been brainwashed. He thinks a billionaire elite who's hired ex Goldman Sachs employees is going to care for average citizens.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DirtyJesus)
      Len Goodman has somehow been brainwashed. He thinks a billionaire elite who's hired ex Goldman Sachs employees is going to care for average citizens.
      Why did the white working class vote for him in droves then?

ReputationRep:
      Degenerative rednecks will vote for any racist that appeals to them. Theyre hardly educated enough to realise that the mining industry is a dead industry and the only chance we had at controlling China is with a democratic government.

ReputationRep:
      Trump is the master of 4D chess. I wouldn't be suprised if all this was a distraction, to keep the Trump-hunting media and the left occupied.

ReputationRep:
      The same reason majority here voted for brexit, tired of your daily lives, current routine, a drastic change promises a potential change in their lives, or that's the dream they're sold. Most are willing to take that risks and fail to see the bigger picture. They're voting for a drastic change, most can't see how it's actually going to affect their everyday lives.

ReputationRep:
      Are you saying that because the white working class voted for him he must be the sort of president that would be good for US workers? Is that truly your reasoning? It's worrying that there are increasing numbers of people such as yourself.

Regardless, addressing your statement, think Bill Clinton. He won the campaign on a 'People First' basis. The second he got into power he conducted a pro Wall Street policy and was recorded as saying him and his administration betrayed the people who voted for him for the sake of Wall Street. That would be one example of working class voters not choosing the best of presidents.... considering NAFTA, the fast tracked dot com bubble and the underlying imbalances that led to the 2008 crisis.

Trump being less likely to be a shill as compared to Hillary does not make him a person with any real interest in helping the common man...

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.