Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

1st time Heartbreak advice-? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm 19 years old, female, and have never been in love or had a crush or had feelings towards anybody in that way....
    10 months ago i met a guy through a friend and hadn't really spent much time with him.My friend met him a few months later.

So the first time i met him, i didn't think anything out of the ordinary- but the second time, i spent 7 hours straight with the guy and we had so much in common and he was very respectful to all of the group and just seemed really genuine and happy.

My friend is also female, 21 though. She has a new bf every week and tends to fall in love with everybody, each more than the last supposedly- she's not really my friend she's a friend of a good friend. Anyway, she's super high maintainence and always 'NEEDS' a new bf for valentines. So it's near valentines and she's been stalking this guy for 2 months ish- at first he wasn't remotely interested. His friends hated her, his work colleagues hated her. But she's super easy and was throwing herself at him. Yesterday she changed her fb relationship status, again, to being in a relationship with him (he hasn't done the same yet) and another friend confirmed their relationship.

So even though she has a new bf every week and that she's been 'in love' loads of times, i didn't have the heart to tell her i liked this guy. The first thing everyone has said is that it won't last 2 mins because he's already getting annoyed with her jealous nature and controlling behavior- but she's loads prettier than me. If it does end, which i think it will, she will make it very difficult for me to try for him. I don't even mind the thought of him using her for sex because i feel she is doing the same and i want him to be happy- i want them both to be happy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    I've never personally experienced this... but this girl sounds horrible and he definitely deserves someone who actually likes him and so do you.

I'd say try not to let her bother you and let them get on with it. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be and it will all work itself out. She'll get her comeuppance when she realises she can't hold down a relationship for two minutes and that boys will just use her.

I hope this helped you feel a bit better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It is a tricky situation. At the moment if they are in a relationship you need to take a step back and let that run its course whatever that may be. I would try to put him to the back of your mind if you can. There is no way around it if they do break up and if you do want to try and form some sort of relationship with him it will be complicated now.

ReputationRep:
    It's just all so 50/50. It hurts me because i'm 99% sure it will end, and so is everyone else who knows all 3 of us personally. So i guess it's the wait. But at the same time, i do believe it will happen if it is supposed to. i also don't want to see him hurt.

In the mean time i'm working on myself, the 1% of me thinks it won't end because of how pretty she is- so maybe if i fix my insecurities, and if they miraculously stayed together, i would have the confidence to move on. He still hasn't shown any interest in her over fb or in real life. It will be interesting to see if her treating him so badly is worth her body.....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.