Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can I decline an offer for an interview for my university? I have applied for BSc Dental Hygiene and Therapy and all my universities have interviews but i don't really want to go to all the interviews. I already have my firm and insurance offers and have been to these interviews but can I just say no if they email me with an interview???
    help i don't want to sound rude but I just don't want to travel for hours to a uni i don't really want to even go to :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irineeyy)
    Can I decline an offer for an interview for my university? I have applied for BSc Dental Hygiene and Therapy and all my universities have interviews but i don't really want to go to all the interviews. I already have my firm and insurance offers and have been to these interviews but can I just say no if they email me with an interview???
    help i don't want to sound rude but I just don't want to travel for hours to a uni i don't really want to even go to :/
    Of course you can, you don't even need to tell them (though obviously it is better to). Just email them and say thank you for the opportunity, but you are no longer interested in your course. You're not bound by a contract to go; if a university gives you an offer that's a contract they have to fulfil if you meet the conditions, an invitation to interview is not a contract. Think it through properly first, as if you decline the interview they won't offer you another one this cycle.

ReputationRep:
    If you've already got two offers that you want, why don't you just withdraw from the other choices on UCAS? Saves them wasting their time considering your application if you don't want a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    If you've already got two offers that you want, why don't you just withdraw from the other choices on UCAS? Saves them wasting their time considering your application if you don't want a place
    Yeah i was thinking that too but even though I have my offers I wanted to keep the others just in case I change my mind about insurance choice. Thanks anyway though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was thinking that too but even though I have my offers I wanted to keep the others just in case I change my mind about insurance choice. Thanks anyway though
    Well if you want the offers you'll have to do the interviews haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Of course you can, you don't even need to tell them (though obviously it is better to). Just email them and say thank you for the opportunity, but you are no longer interested in your course. You're not bound by a contract to go; if a university gives you an offer that's a contract they have to fulfil if you meet the conditions, an invitation to interview is not a contract. Think it throoigh properly first, as if you decline the interview they won't offer you another one this cycle.
    Thank you very much!!! So helpful
    I was actually worried about whether or not I would have to attend all of them but I may only go to one more interview now just in case. Thanks again....not worried anymore now

ReputationRep:
    Well if you want the offers you'll have to do the interviews haha
    lol I know

ReputationRep:
    lol I know
    Good luck you never know, a uni you put on UCAS just as a gap filler might end up being your favourite - happened to me!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck you never know, a uni you put on UCAS just as a gap filler might end up being your favourite - happened to me!
    Yeah I will definitely think over choices once more! but thank youu x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.