Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am doing Edexcel AS Politics and I am planning to revise for my UNIT 2 exam. I will be revising 3 out of 4 topics for UNIT 2 as I have enough time to know all 3 topics inside out. My question is which topic out of the in UNIT 2 is the hardest that I should leave out and not revise? For example, for UNIT 1, I know that I will be leaving out democracy as the 25 markers for that is very dodgy, hard and sometimes random or too specific, so that would be the one I will leave out for UNIT 1, but what about for UNIT 2? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nabid61)
    Hi, I am doing Edexcel AS Politics and I am planning to revise for my UNIT 2 exam. I will be revising 3 out of 4 topics for UNIT 2 as I have enough time to know all 3 topics inside out. My question is which topic out of the in UNIT 2 is the hardest that I should leave out and not revise? For example, for UNIT 1, I know that I will be leaving out democracy as the 25 markers for that is very dodgy, hard and sometimes random or too specific, so that would be the one I will leave out for UNIT 1, but what about for UNIT 2? Thanks
    You really should revise all the topics until closer to the exam. Your least favourite topic may become a strength.

Democracy is also one of the easiest chapters because it's the 'introductory' chapter (essentially), so I'd reconsider it. I'm not too sure why you find it random and too specific.

The worst topic is definitely judiciary in unit 2, but even then it's not horrific.

you cannot pick and choose topics to study for unit 1 and 2. edexcel will merges two topics and ask u a question on it. so you cannot neglect one topic and focus on the other. don't shoot yourself in the foot.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Audrey18)
      you cannot pick and choose topics to study for unit 1 and 2. edexcel will merges two topics and ask u a question on it. so you cannot neglect one topic and focus on the other. don't shoot yourself in the foot.
      The minimum topics you can revise for Politics is 3 topics, as long as you know them inside out as if you revise 2 topics, and they come up in the same section then there is a problem, so you revise 3 topics at least.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jamestg)
      You really should revise all the topics until closer to the exam. Your least favourite topic may become a strength.

Democracy is also one of the easiest chapters because it's the 'introductory' chapter (essentially), so I'd reconsider it. I'm not too sure why you find it random and too specific.

The worst topic is definitely judiciary in unit 2, but even then it's not horrific.
      Thanks for replying. Are you saying that judicial is the hardest out of experience. Why is it the least easiest out of the 4, is it the questions, applying the knowledge or the topic isn't that straightforward to learn compared to the other 3 topics.

I am basically looking for the 3 topics that are most straightforward to learn and answer.

ReputationRep:
      Thanks for replying. Are you saying that judicial is the hardest out of experience. Why is it the least easiest out of the 4, is it the questions, applying the knowledge or the topic isn't that straightforward to learn compared to the other 3 topics.

I am basically looking for the 3 topics that are most straightforward to learn and answer.
      It's exceptionally boring, making it hard to do anything for. I, admittedly, didn't even bother starting to revise it lmao.

judiciary is an interesting and can be a fun topic. it really depends on you. if you're planning to do law in uni then this topic will be relevant cos you'll be doing it at uni as well. so there's an overlap. the judiciary is the guardians of law. it's an important institution. so why not look through the material and decide for yourself? one man's meat is another man's poison?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.