Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received offers yet from their chosen universities? I've applied to Durham, Birmingham, KCL, Edinburgh and Bristol and have only received an offer from Birmingham so far. Just curious to know how everyone else's applications are going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by efranc11)
    Has anyone received offers yet from their chosen universities? I've applied to Durham, Birmingham, KCL, Edinburgh and Bristol and have only received an offer from Birmingham so far. Just curious to know how everyone else's applications are going?
    Dw... I'm also waiting on KCL (And UCL) Good luck and congrats on Birmingham!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titania_Fleuret_)
    Dw... I'm also waiting on KCL (And UCL) Good luck and congrats on Birmingham!!
    Did you hear back from KCL? I got rejected yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    Nope :/ still nothing

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear that.. are you okay?
    I hope you aren't feeling too distressed, and feel better soon perhaps take some more time off during HT

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected too by KCL :/ Am still quite salty about that considering I exceeded the minimum entry requirements by a significant amount.

ReputationRep:
    I've basically heard from all except LSE - Got unconditional offers from Warwick and Queen Mary (I applied with my actual IB score though), got rejected by UCL and KCL (quite a bummer considering my grades were quite strong, but my LNAT, I gotta admit was a mess) and am waiting for LSE (quite an agonising wait, but I did receive an email from the Admissions Selector saying I got through the first round of selection).

ReputationRep:
    It's a downer obviously, but it actually wasn't one of my top choices out of the five I picked so I'm okay. I'll be more distraught if I get rejected by Durham or Bristol... But I'm yet to hear back so for now I'm still sane

ReputationRep:
    It's a downer obviously, but it actually wasn't one of my top choices out of the five I picked so I'm okay. I'll be more distraught if I get rejected by Durham or Bristol... But I'm yet to hear back so for now I'm still sane
    Good luck with that!! I was debating between Durham and UCL the night before UCAS deadline but ended up choosing UCL after
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Kings for Politics, Philosophy and Law, then UCL, Durham, Kent, York and the New College of Humanties (NCH) for law.

So far Only got an offer from NCH, withdrew my application from York and am waiting on the other 4. Starting to get a bit stressful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Fishy)
    I've applied to Kings for Politics, Philosophy and Law, then UCL, Durham, Kent, York and the New College of Humanties (NCH) for law.

So far Only got an offer from NCH, withdrew my application from York and am waiting on the other 4. Starting to get a bit stressful.
    Long wait is still always better than early rejection!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btchls)
    Good luck with that!! I was debating between Durham and UCL the night before UCAS deadline but ended up choosing UCL after
    I know that UCL has quite a reputation for being hard to get into, similarly to KCL so we shouldn't feel too bad good luck with LSE, it's an amazing uni
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btchls)
    Long wait is still always better than early rejection!!
    You're right, but now that i have my insurance offer, i just want an answer. Would not be too fussed if all 4 rejected me. Sick of the waiting game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Titania,
    I m having a hard time choosing out of UCL and Kings.
    I am familiar with kings but not UCL.

Just curious do you know why UCL is ranked so high and which school is considered better for law.

Sorry I have been out of the UK for the last 8 years and returning back home.
    I finished by BA in politics in Canada and now want to practice and study law back home

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.