Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AS level right now and I don't know why but I'm having second thoughts. Even though I'm predicted good grades for this yr (in bio, chem & math), I feel as though I might be capable of doing okay this yr, but the main grade is based on A2 exams. I fear that I will make it through to A2 BUT then mess up on the exam. I've had a glimpse of some A2 books and it looks quite difficult. 😓😓😓 I really don't want to waste two years of "hard work" and have to find out at the end that I didn't get good grades. I'm already 19 and will be 20 by the time I finish. I'm just really doubting myself. I've lost many days of sleep because of this 😔😣 What if I don't get the grades I wanted? What should I do then? Will I make it to university? Help please

ReputationRep:
    There's a bit of panicking going on here. A level is difficult, but you wouldn't expect it to be easy, would you? It's all a question of progress - you're not at that level quite yet, so of course it's going to look intimidating. If you picked up a first-year undergraduate level textbook at the beginning of your GCSEs you wouldn't understand much of it and think you'd never be able to understand it, but then you'd feel quite differently when you got to it.

Concentrate on mastering your AS material, and things will begin to fall into place naturally.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.