Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you let your cats or dogs sleep on your bed? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you let your cat or dog sleep on your bed?
    Yes
    92.86%
    No
    7.14%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've had pets all my life and even as a child around 5 years old, my cats and dogs slept on the same bed with me and now that I'm an adult, nothing has changed

Do you let your pets sleep on your bed? Do your pets get the entire run of the house or are there some rooms they aren't allowed in?

All four of my cats get the run of the house and get to sleep where they like. My two eldest like to sleep up on the bed with us every night and during the day if we're chilling on our laptops whereas the two youngest only like to sleep with us during the day and at night before to sleep on chairs or in random places
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When I'm home from uni, I let my cat sleep on my bed during the day, but we always keep her downstairs at night (otherwise she drives us mad with her meowing!). She's allowed to go and sleep anywhere in the house, but she has a few favourite sleeping spots, her current favourite is my grandma's wicker chair

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend fosters cats for the RSPCA and we've always let them sleep on the bed, the big ginger tom we've got at the moment constantly yearns for attention and enjoys stepping on my head in the middle of the night
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    My boyfriend fosters cats for the RSPCA and we've always let them sleep on the bed, the big ginger tom we've got at the moment constantly yearns for attention and enjoys stepping on my head in the middle of the night
    Awww that's great your boyfriend fosters cats! I do voluntary work for SSPCA and we're always looking for more fosters but so many people aren't up for that or even adopting an animal from a shelter due to the misconceptions that animals from shelters are bad behaved, 'damaged goods' etc. Its sad so many people don't see that most animals in a shelter come there through no fault of their own such as an owner dying, the owner not being able to look after them any more and nothing to actually do with the behaviour of the animal

Awww the ginger cat sounds lovely :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The bedroom has resembled something from Dr Doolittle at times, with dogs and cats littered all over, but we found actually that it was disturbing our sleep quite markedly. So now they sleep in their own beddies, and come in for a cuddle at the weekends. Much like you would with little children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Awww that's great your boyfriend fosters cats! I do voluntary work for SSPCA and we're always looking for more fosters but so many people aren't up for that or even adopting an animal from a shelter due to the misconceptions that animals from shelters are bad behaved, 'damaged goods' etc. Its sad so many people don't see that most animals in a shelter come there through no fault of their own such as an owner dying, the owner not being able to look after them any more and nothing to actually do with the behaviour of the animal

Awww the ginger cat sounds lovely :yep:
    I know, it's amazing. He had a cat for 18 years but she died last year so he decided to foster cats instead so they could experience a good life before being properly adopted. It's always really difficult saying bye to them when they go to their new family but it's good knowing how happy they've been with us.

Name:  C3LAb1DXAAAzYe-.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  135.2 KB

Here he is, he's called Tommy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    I know, it's amazing. He had a cat for 18 years but she died last year so he decided to foster cats instead so they could experience a good life before being properly adopted. It's always really difficult saying bye to them when they go to their new family but it's good knowing how happy they've been with us.

Name:  C3LAb1DXAAAzYe-.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  135.2 KB

Here he is, he's called Tommy
    Awwww he's lovely! :love::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I let my dog sleep in my room but he's a Labrador and I only have a single so I'd rather not be masochistic. He doesn't seem that bothered as long as he's in the room.

I have had to share a double airbed with him before because for some reason he found that more comfortable than his own bed, refused to move and I felt it'd be really bad of me to shout at him. Never again.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My wife keeps encouraging our two cats to sleep on the bed, then she gets all huffy when they take up her space. This usually ends with me sleeping right next to the edge, her cuddled next to me and then the two cats on her side of the bed. We have a ****ing queen size bed and it's still not big enough!

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I love to cuddle him

ReputationRep:
    i wont even let the pet into my house

ReputationRep:
    No, they're not even allowed in my bedroom due to my severe allergies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    No. We had to let the dogs into my parents room because we had guests or something. dad said he went to bed and found black dog hair in their bed. Lovely.

When we go home, we had to share the sofa with the dogs. I've been woken up by one of them every single morning because she wants a cuddle. And the other one snores at some silly hour.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I let my cat sleep on the bed with me when she wants to, but she prefers having my brother's empty bed all to herself :laugh: My dog gets up in the night, so I don't let him sleep in the room with me. I can't stand being woken up when I don't need to be

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't (it's a pain having to dust off the fur) but it's all worth seeing her in that blissful state, just laying there like the Queen she is Anyone else just wanna squish their chubby furry faces 'cause they're so damn cute? :teehee:

So lazy - just like me :lazy:

ReputationRep:
    Do I LET them? No.

They do anyway tho

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.