Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fiancé has naked pictures of ex Watch

ReputationRep:
    My fiancé has 2 revealing polaroid pictures of his ex, he refuses to get rid of them. I'm majorly bothered as a while ago he abandoned me and dumped me as he thought he was still in love with her, this is the same person as in the photos. He says he won't get rid of them because they are memories and he doesn't want to forget them. I have no idea what to do! He'd rather break up than get rid of them. Help?!

ReputationRep:
    You want to marry a guy that wants to have cheeky faps over his ex? lmao
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by ShayMay)
    My fiancé has 2 revealing polaroid pictures of his ex, he refuses to get rid of them. I'm majorly bothered as a while ago he abandoned me and dumped me as he thought he was still in love with her, this is the same person as in the photos. He says he won't get rid of them because they are memories and he doesn't want to forget them. I have no idea what to do! He'd rather break up than get rid of them. Help?!
    Think of it as a lucky escape.

ReputationRep:
    Have some self respect for yourself, don't be a doormat and dump his ass.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, okay that is weird. Especially if he has previously dumped you before for that same girl.

If he ain't getting rid of them, and would rather break up with you, I think you should just tell him to **** off if that's his attitude and dump his ass.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf. Dump him.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you're writing this post tells me you're not happy. And you have every right not to be.

Do what your gut tells you, even if it hurts. Everybody makes mistakes but his blatant disregard for your feelings is inexcusable. Some might even compare this to manipulation within the relationship. He knows you're not happy but does nothing to fix it

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but did the meaning of a relationship change over the years? Maybe you should marry him, not that trust and attention to your partner matters anymore.

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: pngwhat the.png (79.6 KB)

ReputationRep:
    I just dumped all my love letters/notes from my high school sweetheart. I have found my partner for life and have no more need for "memories".

I seriously question his motivations to keep those "memories".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    He'll probably leave you for her at a moments notice if ever gets the chance
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Burn them!

ReputationRep:
    This just has to be a joke

ReputationRep:
    You need to leave him or speak to him about this. He's clearly still not over his ex. Honestly, even if my boyfriend still had naked photos of his ex saved in his camera roll, i'd be a majorly worried and a bit pissed off. And the fact that he wont get rid of a few photos for you and to keep you happy really does say something. When you are in love with someone else and have moved on, pictures and previous presents don't matter anymore. When I moved on with my boyfriend, any memories I had of my ex were in the bin because I simply felt nothing when I looked at them. Your fiancee should've done the same.

ReputationRep:
    I got him to get rid of all the other photos of her and he's pushing back saying no more so he wants to keep them

ReputationRep:
    I don't see what the big deal is lol.

edit:

oh ye if he dumped you for her in the past you shouldn't even be with him though. I just meant I don't see the big deal having pictures of exes in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    You need to leave him or speak to him about this. He's clearly still not over his ex. Honestly, even if my boyfriend still had naked photos of his ex saved in his camera roll, i'd be a majorly worried and a bit pissed off. And the fact that he wont get rid of a few photos for you and to keep you happy really does say something. When you are in love with someone else and have moved on, pictures and previous presents don't matter anymore. When I moved on with my boyfriend, any memories I had of my ex were in the bin because I simply felt nothing when I looked at them. Your fiancee should've done the same.
    totally agree with this. Also, he needs to be 100% for you - you're engaged, it doesnt get any more serious than that. It's hardly a fledgling relationship at this point so you can't tolerate it - you deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    He is disgusting. Anyone with a conscience would do the right thing and delete any trace of their ex, especially nude pics she wouldn't appreciate him still looking at. He's not over her, so why are you still with him? And considering marrying him? Repulsive. He doesn't respect you one bit. Leave him ASAP.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    If taking a photo is fine, then keeping it is fine. If you want to question his feelings, then question them. Whether he keeps the photos or not does not tell you definitively what his feelings are. Moreover, he has the right to feel positively about his ex, which I think is a good thing. Even if he doesn't feel positively, getting rid of photos, which are generally taken for memories, is like saying any positive memory of his life before you should be wiped away. You have the right to want him to see you above everyone else and to prioritise you, but I don't think that's common, though you should discuss your feelings with each other to find out if you both see this relationship in a light that is acceptable to other and to assess how much compromise you both are willing to give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RVNmax)
    If taking a photo is fine, then keeping it is fine. If you want to question his feelings, then question them. Whether he keeps the photos or not does not tell you definitively what his feelings are. Moreover, he has the right to feel positively about his ex, which I think is a good thing. Even if he doesn't feel positively, getting rid of photos, which are generally taken for memories, is like saying any positive memory of his life before you should be wiped away. You have the right to want him to see you above everyone else and to prioritise you, but I don't think that's common, though you should discuss your feelings with each other to find out if you both see this relationship in a light that is acceptable to other and to assess how much compromise you both are willing to give.
    they are naked pictures of his ex...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Think of it as a lucky escape.
    This.

If he really loved you he wouldn't need nude pics of some other girl. Frankly 'memories' is a crazy excuse... he shouldn't be spending time on memories of sex with other girls. If he had some normal photos/keepsakes, assuming he's given you no other reason to worry, that would be okay. But this isn't.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.