Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Are there any law taster days or summer schools in Manchester , London or Oxbridge ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polzovatel)
    Hi,
    Are there any law taster days or summer schools in Manchester , London or Oxbridge ?
    London:
    Perhaps search up Debate Chamber law summer courses. I attended two of them in 2016 summer (it's around UCL's campus) Those were absolutely amazing.
    DON'T go for the INVESTIN 'taster days'- went for one, was really unhelpful and super expensive.I don't know any 'official' taster days, however..

Oxbridge:
    I think there are subject open days for Oxbridge around June/ late May, but you have to book those, so keep an eye on the uni's social media/ emails from your uni counsellor at school. I went for the Cambridge law open day.There's a really helpful Cambridge law conference at around April, but deadlines (I think) are around Dec so it might be too late for that... And taster days for Cambridge in Feb, but I think the deadline's also passed..

Unsure about Manchester since I didn't apply. I currently have offers from Warwick, LSE and Cambridge (Downing). Happy to help out if you're feeling nervous

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you said you attended the debate chamber summer school, probably a stupid question - but in the sessions, do they force you to speak/participate or is it more of a kind of thing where you have to put yourself forward? I'm going one tommorow and I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titania_Fleuret_)
    London:
    Perhaps search up Debate Chamber law summer courses. I attended two of them in 2016 summer (it's around UCL's campus) Those were absolutely amazing.
    DON'T go for the INVESTIN 'taster days'- went for one, was really unhelpful and super expensive.I don't know any 'official' taster days, however..

Oxbridge:
    I think there are subject open days for Oxbridge around June/ late May, but you have to book those, so keep an eye on the uni's social media/ emails from your uni counsellor at school. I went for the Cambridge law open day.There's a really helpful Cambridge law conference at around April, but deadlines (I think) are around Dec so it might be too late for that... And taster days for Cambridge in Feb, but I think the deadline's also passed..

Unsure about Manchester since I didn't apply. I currently have offers from Warwick, LSE and Cambridge (Downing). Happy to help out if you're feeling nervous

Hey, you said you attended the debate chamber summer school, probably a stupid question - but in the sessions, do they force you to speak/participate or is it more of a kind of thing where you have to put yourself forward? I'm going one tommorow and I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi2121)
    Hi! I also attended the Debate Chamber Summer School, a few weeks ago actually. It was amazing! Which part are you going for? No, the teachers are all lovely and no one is forced to speak - it's more of putting yourself forward. For example, there are a few debates and you can choose to nominate yourself as speaker and questions that teachers ask are always open to the class. Don't worry, it's a great experience and I met lots of friends! If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student27839)
    Hi! I also attended the Debate Chamber Summer School, a few weeks ago actually. It was amazing! Which part are you going for? No, the teachers are all lovely and no one is forced to speak - it's more of putting yourself forward. For example, there are a few debates and you can choose to nominate yourself as speaker and questions that teachers ask are always open to the class. Don't worry, it's a great experience and I met lots of friends! If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask

Thank you so much for replying - you've calmed me down so much😂 I'm doing the philosophy summer school which starts tommorow, which one did you do? 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naomi2121)
    Thank you so much for replying - you've calmed me down so much😂 I'm doing the philosophy summer school which starts tommorow, which one did you do? 😊
    No problem, I was exactly the same before I went on it! I did the law school there and I loved it! Hope your first day went well!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.