9.52%
    Title 7 (suggest in thread!)
    0%

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I would have gone for 3, but then none of them look particularly appealing.

By the way, this is in the wrong forum.
    None of them do, tbh

How? This is Politics study help, this is do to with politics academically. I am a ST member for this particular section.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    None of them do, tbh

How? This is Politics study help, this is do to with politics academically. I am a ST member for this particular section.
    Well Study Help is for GCSEs/A levels/IB/other school qualifications. It should really be here: Social and Political Sciences. It doesn't really matter, it's just the unis section is starved of activity - it could use a boost.

ReputationRep:
    5. Accidentally put 6 in the poll.
    Not gonna lie though, I have no idea what any of them mean.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Well Study Help is for GCSEs/A levels/IB/other school qualifications. It should really be here: Social and Political Sciences. It doesn't really matter, it's just the unis section is starved of activity - it could use a boost.
    Actually, you can mark threads in here as 'undergraduate' for such things, which I have just done. SH is all. I view Social and Political Sciences forum as a place to discuss university courses.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    5. Accidentally put 6 in the poll.
    Not gonna lie though, I have no idea what any of them mean.
    It's really to do with EU security policy, and the changes that have occurred due to terrorism etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Actually, you can mark threads in here as 'undergraduate' for such things, which I have just done. SH is all. I view Social and Political Sciences forum as a place to discuss university courses.
    Even so, SH is for schools - the unis section is for unis. Your last sentence is, I think, part of the problem raised in the 'When did TSR get so awful' thread (Craghyrax) - the unis section never used to be a place just for applicants, it was (and still should be) a place to talk about being at university.

I didn't mean that to come across as an attack by the way. Just... times gone by. :moon:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Even so, SH is for schools - the unis section is for unis. Your last sentence is, I think, part of the problem raised in the 'When did TSR get so awful' thread (Craghyrax) - the unis section never used to be a place just for applicants, it was (and still should be) a place to talk about being at university.

I didn't mean that to come across as an attack by the way. Just... times gone by. :moon:
    Hmm, then why does SH contain a 'undergraduate' tag if you want to distinguish what your thread is? :holmes: Also not an attack, but a fact. Study Help is for all subjects at all levels. I looked at Social and Political Science, and it is about discussion of module content, different university courses etc. No one is asking about essay questions and the like.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

If you look at the subheading of the Study Help section, you see this:

Get help with your school and uni studies and help others out, too.
    And for SS&SC Academic Help:

Discussion, revision, exam and homework help from KS3 to degree level including accounting, anthropology, child care citizenship, education and social care.
    SH is not exclusive to school content only, and is frequently used by undergraduates who have academic questions. When posters can find people with knowledge over a specific subject in SH, it is logical that the forum is appropriate for uni questions as well.

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about politics, so Idk why I'm here

Ummmmm I'll just be awkward and say Question 2 because it has the word framework in it :dontknow:

Or Question 3 so you can mention you know who :dontknow:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    I know nothing about politics, so Idk why I'm here

Ummmmm I'll just be awkward and say Question 2 because it has the word framework in it :dontknow:

Or Question 3 so you can mention you know who :dontknow:
    Yeah, but for Q3, You Know Who would only get a little mention. He is so new to the job that he hasn't done much to promote his isolationism policy and back away from the EU. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but for Q3, You Know Who would only get a little mention. He is so new to the job that he hasn't done much to promote his isolationism policy and back away from the EU. :lol:
    Ah good point Sorry I couldnt be of more help

Good luck with your essays
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Ah good point Sorry I couldnt be of more help

Good luck with your essays
    Yeah, I can't speculate unfortunately :sad:

No problem, but thank you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, then why does SH contain a 'undergraduate' tag if you want to distinguish what your thread is? :holmes: Also not an attack, but a fact. Study Help is for all subjects at all levels. I looked at Social and Political Science, and it is about discussion of module content, different university courses etc. No one is asking about essay questions and the like.
    I know that, but Study Help is not targeted at universities or university-level study (the unis section is) - it seems rather counterproductive to have two competing sections trying to do the same thing. These 'university tags' seem to be a comparatively recent addition, their existence however should not preclude one from posting in the unis section instead. The unis section lacks community, these type of threads help build community - so I wish more people posted them in unis rather than in SH. That's all.

(Original post by The Financier)
    If you look at the subheading of the Study Help section, you see this:

SH is not exclusive to non-uni content only, and is frequently used by undergraduates who have academic questions.
    See above.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I know that, but Study Help is not targeted at universities or university-level study (the unis section is) - it seems rather counterproductive to have two competing sections trying to do the same thing. These 'university tags' seem to be a comparatively recent addition, their existence however should not preclude one from posting in the unis section instead. The unis section lacks community, these type of threads help build community - so I wish more people posted them in unis rather than in SH. That's all.

See above.
    Then, I would suggest you bring this up in the Feedback forum and query the tags. But, for now, my thread stays here because I know it will generate more interest here, and I will get more responses and help here. The uni section to me is about uni life in general, not a place where I can ask to get help on what essay topic I should choose.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    But it literally says in the section descriptions that you can make posts re: degree-level study here. Sure, maybe you can post about it in unis, but Airmed didn't. She posted it here. To be frank, it really doesn't matter. Let's move on?

x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    But it literally says in the section descriptions that you can make posts re: degree-level study here. Sure, maybe you can post about it in unis, but Airmed didn't. She posted it here. To be frank, it really doesn't matter. Let's move on?
    I think you've missed the point. Whether or not one can post uni-level threads here is irrelevant, my issue is whether one should. Like I said, I'm not attacking Airmed (I hope it didn't come across that way), this thread just reminded me of a general trend I've noticed over the last few years, and as it was recently discussed elsewhere on TSR, I thought I'd mention it. This one thread may not matter, but the trend (imo) does.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I think you've missed the point. Whether or not one can post uni-level threads here is irrelevant, my issue is whether one should. Like I said, I'm not attacking Airmed (I hope it didn't come across that way), this thread just reminded me of a general trend I've noticed over the last few years, and as it was recently discussed elsewhere on TSR, I thought I'd mention it. This one thread may not matter, but the trend (imo) does.
    Yeah, well, you are derailing my thread, unfortunately... No one has missed the point, tbh, we're just pointing out that this is what is done now. If you think it matters, please go to the feedback forum or AtCT.

edit: Just reread and picked up on the bold part. Just because it was discussed elsewhere does not mean it has to be discussed here and now when I am looking for genuine academic help. At the end of the day, where a thread belongs is not going to help me choose an essay title!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose title 3

Title 5 seems the easiest in terms of how much material you could get out of it (some of these would take a lot of padding tbh). If you're feeling ambitious, then title 3.

Although I don't see why you would pick any of them if you essentially have a free choice. Option 7 makes the others look like suggestions. You could take one of the others and just reword it slightly to make it easier to write about.

ReputationRep:
      Definitely Title 5, I would love to answer a question like that!!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.