Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend says he doesn't like this woman and then initiates contact with her Watch

My boyfriend who I have been with 8 months told me he was going to a leaving do of one of his mutual friends and warned me that there was a woman there that he was pretty sure had feeling for him and he wanted to make sure she knew he wasn't interested so he might seem like he's being rude but he's just avoiding her so she doesn't hit on him.

We get there and he does ignore her to an extent. He makes sure not to be alone with her and he made sure to always have his arm around me and to kiss me so she would know it was me he liked. She didn't react and before she left he grabbed her and said that it was lovely working with her and if she needed any help with her dissertation to let him know. That's quite specific, not a 'let me know if you need anything'.

A few weeks later he messaged her on facebook asking her if she had any pdf of a particular piece of legislation he needed leftover from when she did her Masters. She just replied saying she didn't. I saw this when he asked me to fb message his Brother on his mobile.

He claims he only messaged for work purposes but to be honest, he can get that pdf from anyone and it seems to me he only messaged to initiate conversation. Considering he had to be all over me in front of her just to let her know he wasn't interested I'm surprised he's initiating conversation since she hasn't initiated any.

I've not said anymore about it and he's not messaged her since.

Am I being paranoid to think he might secretly like her? Or would he have just asked her out if he was?

ReputationRep:
    Paranoid to be honest. She obviously didn't care that he was with you nor respond to a message with anything other than a straight answer
    You sneaked a look at his phone ( really bad start) and found nothing
    If you're not careful you're going to turn it into a very big issue when there was none to start with

I don't think she's interested at all. I think he likes her though. And I only saw the message as he asked me to message someone on his facebook messenger. He admitted he thought the message wouldn't be there as hes deleted it from his desktop.

I'[m not willing to be second best. It seems like he might like her.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend wanted to attract her attention by acting that way around you. Then when she did not give a darn , he had to talk to her haha i believe he was lying from the beginning. but of course, girls want to think they are the last. If you can find another boyfriend leave him, if not, stick to him and make sure his love for getting attention does not lead him astray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    Your boyfriend wanted to attract her attention by acting that way around you. Then when she did not give a darn , he had to talk to her haha i believe he was lying from the beginning. but of course, girls want to think they are the last. If you can find another boyfriend leave him, if not, stick to him and make sure his love for getting attention does not lead him astray
    Gosh! He's guilty with no evidence. Maybe he's an attention seeker. Maybe he's not. Either way it's clearly not her fault.
    And everyone's allowed to look!

(Original post by DNA89)

This is what I think. Seemed like he was trying to make her jealous.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.