Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me i'm 13 and my boyfriend asked me what age do i want sex, i don't know but when i make out with him i feel like i want sex right now. My mam said to tell her these things but at the age of 13 hell no she's going to stop me from even going out with him and i really love him. plus then it's if we do where and does it hurt or .. ya know i just don't know what to do ... help ... D: D: D: D:

ReputationRep:
    Okay so quickly before I go into this, this is a conversation you will want to have with your mum (I know you don't want to talk to your mum about this as its awkward but sex is a really important issue). But I will try my best to give you a brief guide, and in my opinion before we go into this I believe 13 is a bit too young to have sex at.

The question about when to have sex is a complicated one, some people prefer to have sex only after marriage, others don't. One of the things you need to bear in mind is the law. UK law states that legally at 16 a person is old enough to make a decision if they want to have sex with someone or not, and ultimately you need to feel 100% ready to have sex and not just in the spur in the moment because you're kissing him.

If you decide that you do want to have sex, please make sure it's protected sex, protected sex is when a contraceptive is used such as a condom. This will help protect you from getting sexually transmitted infections or (STIs) for short and will stop you from getting potentially pregnant.

Now this next bit, I am not biologically female nor have I had sex (again another reason you will want to talk to your mum about this), so please take this next section very lightly. Sex for females can hurt potentially if your partner isn't careful, which is why communication in sex is very important. This is due to the female body having to get ready for sex, for example the vagina will make itself wet to allow the penis to enter the vagina more easily. So as long as you both take your time during sex then the experience shouldn't be that painful.

Finally, again I would completely urge you to talk to your mum about sex, as she will be more able to answer any questions you might have. Because despite the length of this post this was only a very quick look at sex and could easily have went on for much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rise-up)
    Okay so quickly before I go into this, this is a conversation you will want to have with your mum (I know you don't want to talk to your mum about this as its awkward but sex is a really important issue). But I will try my best to give you a brief guide, and in my opinion before we go into this I believe 13 is a bit too young to have sex at.

The question about when to have sex is a complicated one, some people prefer to have sex only after marriage, others don't. One of the things you need to bear in mind is the law. UK law states that legally at 16 a person is old enough to make a decision if they want to have sex with someone or not, and ultimately you need to feel 100% ready to have sex and not just in the spur in the moment because you're kissing him.

If you decide that you do want to have sex, please make sure it's protected sex, protected sex is when a contraceptive is used such as a condom. This will help protect you from getting sexually transmitted infections or (STIs) for short and will stop you from getting potentially pregnant.

Now this next bit, I am not biologically female nor have I had sex (again another reason you will want to talk to your mum about this), so please take this next section very lightly. Sex for females can hurt potentially if your partner isn't careful, which is why communication in sex is very important. This is due to the female body having to get ready for sex, for example the vagina will make itself wet to allow the penis to enter the vagina more easily. So as long as you both take your time during sex then the experience shouldn't be that painful.

Finally, again I would completely urge you to talk to your mum about sex, as she will be more able to answer any questions you might have. Because despite the length of this post this was only a very quick look at sex and could easily have went on for much longer.
    how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dafock)
    how old are you?
    I am seventeen years old.

ReputationRep:
    13??? Christ... I would give you sex advice, but I might end up on some sort of register.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    oh wow, listen to your mam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rise-up)
    I am seventeen years old.
    well ****, I think you might be more mature than me aha. From your text I thought you were around 25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    oh wow, listen to your mam
    yea listen to your mam

ReputationRep:
    anyway how old is ur bf because..that is just nasty. 13...eugh. When I was 13 I always dated 15-17s, even at 13 I thought 13 yr old girls were weird to have sex with. You're honestly not ready for that for real like.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4538014 THEREE YOU ARE 23! AND HERE 13?! YOU ARE FAKE!! WTF.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4525630 AND THERE YOU ARE A BOY!! WTF!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    13 is quite young, let's be honest here. You'll probably regret it and honestly you should hold off having sex atm, concentrate on year nine first.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.