Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Important question for girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear female,
    please answer this question.
    If you were sitting in a library or any other place and a stranger came to you asking for your number or just told you that he likes you, what would be your reaction? if he directly asked for your contact number or expressed his feeling , would it be fine with you or you prefer a short talk before ?

thanks you very much in advance,

yours sincerely ,

A Guy who does not know how girls will react and has never asked any girls out but wants to change that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    Dear female,
    please answer this question.
    If you were sitting in a library or any other place and a stranger came to you asking for your number or just told you that he likes you, what would be your reaction? if he directly asked for your contact number or expressed his feeling , would it be fine with you or you prefer a short talk before ?

thanks you very much in advance,

yours sincerely ,

A Guy who does not know how girls will react and has never asked any girls out but wants to change that
    Heyyy,

Personally, this would be a great way of being asked out - for one, the guy is in the library and that's my kind of guy

Go for it, what's the worst that could happen??

ReputationRep:
    He has feelings for me without knowing me? Nah.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it may come of in a bad way if you just straight off ask for her number, so maybe say you've seen her around etc first with a bit of small talk but I'm sure she'd be flattered and it's not the end of the world if she says no anyway, it's worth a shot
    • Political Ambassador

I'd appreciate the confidence, but I don't give my number to strangers just cause they say they like me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_georgia)
    Heyyy,

Personally, this would be a great way of being asked out - for one, the guy is in the library and that's my kind of guy

Go for it, what's the worst that could happen??
    This is so promising. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    By feelings I mean simple admiration. like you study in a library and you come across the same person everyday and something evolves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni2k16)
    To be honest, it may come of in a bad way if you just straight off ask for her number, so maybe say you've seen her around etc first with a bit of small talk but I'm sure she'd be flattered and it's not the end of the world if she says no anyway, it's worth a shot
    Thanks. I guess it makes it difficult for me to have a proper conversation at first. I am bit afraid of rejection

ReputationRep:
    Hm If I find him attractive then maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I'd appreciate the confidence, but I don't give my number to strangers just cause they say they like me.
    but how else is possible for a stranger to make a move?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Hm If I find him attractive then maybe.
    what if he was not, how would you react?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I love you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    what if he was not, how would you react?
    I'd just say sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I'd just say sorry.
    That seems fine haha why I think girls would scream and ask everyone to come for her rescue if she did not like me haha i would be totally fine with an I am sorry
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Forget getting my number, I'd ask him to marry me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    By feelings I mean simple admiration. like you study in a library and you come across the same person everyday and something evolves.
    That's not feelings then, that's just attraction. I think you should just strike up a conversation with her if you wanna make a move. If you both are at the library regularly (which is what it seems like), just seat yourself closer to where she is, and start talking, and then perhaps ask for her number casually, and take things from there. Good luck.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    No. I've got no idea who you are. It's just weird.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't give my number straight away... maybe if we spoke a few times and he seemed okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Forget getting my number, I'd ask him to marry me.
    sorry I forgot my ring
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA89)
    sorry I forgot my ring
    Nah forget tradition, I'm not like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.