Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My university is going to tell me soon that I might have to leave university again soon ( for this is because I still havent got a DBS certificate (due to their strict rules which are really annoying). I need this for placement for my university course (need a certain amount of hours) and need to do a portfolio for the end of the year. Because of this, I might need to leave again. (I was kicked out of my previous one because I was falling behind).

If I do, does anyone have any ideas what I could do if I have to leave again? Any suggestions, because honestly, I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbanana198)
    My university is going to tell me soon that I might have to leave university again soon ( for this is because I still havent got a DBS certificate (due to their strict rules which are really annoying). I need this for placement for my university course (need a certain amount of hours) and need to do a portfolio for the end of the year. Because of this, I might need to leave again. (I was kicked out of my previous one because I was falling behind).

If I do, does anyone have any ideas what I could do if I have to leave again? Any suggestions, because honestly, I have no idea
    Do you know what is holding up your DBS cert? Is there anything you can do to speed it up? If uni rules are preventing you getting it, do you understand why and can you do anything about it? Can your Student Union advise?

If DBS is required then it's going to be fundamental. There won't be any way round it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Do you know what is holding up your DBS cert? Is there anything you can do to speed it up? If uni rules are preventing you getting it, do you understand why and can you do anything about it? Can your Student Union advise?

If DBS is required then it's going to be fundamental. There won't be any way round it.
    Its me thats holding it up. Basically, I dont have the correct documents they require for a DBS certificate. I've emailed my old school a few days ago for a reference to say I was a student, however, I havent heard anything from them. I can talk to my course director about this, however, that is seems way too hard at the moment, even though that is probably the best option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbanana198)
    Its me thats holding it up. Basically, I dont have the correct documents they require for a DBS certificate. I've emailed my old school a few days ago for a reference to say I was a student, however, I havent heard anything from them.
    In that case, I'd say that you need to follow up the email by phoning the school and explaining how urgent this is, and that your future at uni is at risk. You might need to be apologetic for causing them inconvenience by needing this from them at such short notice.

I can talk to my course director about this, however, that is seems way too hard at the moment, even though that is probably the best option
    It's a very good idea, if only to let them know that you are dealing with the situation as fast as you can. It may be an awkward conversation, but if it delays you being withdrawn, it has to be worth the effort. By not telling them what's going on, at the moment you may just look like you don't care - which is clearly not the case as you're concerned enough to post here.

However, your course director clearly can't resolve the underlying issue. That's down to you. You need to take responsibility for urgently resolving the issue with your school and getting what you need for your DBS cert.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't have a photo id so couldn't get my DBS (no passport, banned from driving so no driving licence). It's ****, but the lady in admin said she would cheat and say I had them when I didn't, I think she felt sorry for me. But I am dropping out of uni anyway so it doesn't matter so much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.