Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today I sat a maths exam. I was in a room on my own with an invigilator - an old snotty woman with an attitude problem. I knew she'd be hard work the moment I laid eyes on her. As I wrote my name on the front of my paper, I accidentally ran my hand across it, leaving smudge marks. She said I could use her pen instead, and so I did - it was a biro. Anyway, at the end of the exam, I had 20 minutes to spare. I was too paranoid to leave, in case she opened my exam book and added a few digits here and there to my answers - therefore making them the incorrect answers. She seemed like that kind of woman. I'm very worried now in case she did this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Today I sat a maths exam. I was in a room on my own with an invigilator - an old snotty woman with an attitude problem. I knew she'd be hard work the moment I laid eyes on her. As I wrote my name on the front of my paper, I accidentally ran my hand across it, leaving smudge marks. She said I could use her pen instead, and so I did - it was a biro. Anyway, at the end of the exam, I had 20 minutes to spare. I was too paranoid to leave, in case she opened my exam book and added a few digits here and there to my answers - therefore making them the incorrect answers. She seemed like that kind of woman. I'm very worried now in case she did this!
    Are you saying that you're worried your invigilator will purposely sabotage your exam paper? If so, that's ludicrous, if not I am sorry for the mix up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Sounds to me like she systematically went through your paper after you left and changed most of the answers so you'll not get the grade you need. I hear this happens on a regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    Are you saying that you're worried your invigilator will purposely sabotage your exam paper? If so, that's ludicrous, if not I am sorry for the mix up.
    Yes I am. I used her pen, so I was too afraid to leave her alone with my paper, In case she would sabotage with her pen. Who would know it was her? It is after all her pen, and as it is maths, it's not like she has to try and fake my handwriting. It would be very easy for her to put a few 1s in front of my answers here and there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Yes I am. I used her pen, so I was too afraid to leave her alone with my paper, In case she would sabotage with her pen. Who would know it was her? It is after all her pen, and as it is maths, it's not like she has to try and fake my handwriting. It would be very easy for her to put a few 1s in front of my answers here and there.
    But what could possibly be the motive for this person to sabotage something which must be so trivial to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    But what could possibly be the motive for this person to sabotage something which must be so trivial to them?
    She seemed like a bitter and twisted woman who is probably a spinster / widow, and who has had a lot of failure in her life. Perhaps she is jealous because I am at a better university than hers and her children's?

ReputationRep:
    I think you are far too paranoid about this situation, most invigilators are cool and let you get on with your work. Most of the time I forget they are even in the room!

ReputationRep:
    I think you're just being paranoid. It's her job just to supervise you while you take it and she was kind enough to offer you her pen - she didn't have to do that!

I doubt she had as strong an opinion of you as you seem to have held for her - not unless you made her job difficult in any way. She probably put you to the back of her mind pretty quickly after you left the room.

ReputationRep:
    Forgive me but I giggled after reading that haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    She seemed like a bitter and twisted woman who is probably a spinster / widow, and who has had a lot of failure in her life. Perhaps she is jealous because I am at a better university than hers and her children's?
    Did you insinuate all of this from superficial things such as her tone of voice and external look? I presume you don't know them on a deep psychological level so you must have gotten most of your presumptions off of this information alone.

Despite what you may illogically think of this person they have a job, and even if it was virtually certain that she could sneakily get away with the act, it's still too big of a risk for something as trivial as a singular kids exam paper.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Google22)
    Forgive me but I giggled after reading that haha
    Me too, but I don't want to be forgiven. This is too funny to be true.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    She probably didn't you're being too paranoid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Do you take medication?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    Love when people on TSR have a good old ego-w.ank through cleverly disguised threads.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You just wanted to boast that you finished your exam early.

ReputationRep:
    lool you're paro mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.