Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need some girl advice Watch

Announcements

Hi so basically I have feelings for a girl I went to school with. They haven't gone, even with college making it very hard to speak to her. We go to the same college but haven't spoken since school which was summer 2015, and it feels like we're so far apart.

We weren't that close, we'd have conversations every now and then but I was drawn to her in lessons and every time I see her on the street I just wanna say hello and start something, so I'm gonna do that as soon as possible. Is it weird to catch up with someone when you've seen them around but haven't spoken to them after a long time? Not from my perspective but from hers? I just don't want the big regret, the huge regret, of never having acted on strong feelings, my first crush really. Any advice is helpful on how to approach this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi so basically I have feelings for a girl I went to school with. They haven't gone, even with college making it very hard to speak to her. We go to the same college but haven't spoken since school which was summer 2015, and it feels like we're so far apart.

We weren't that close, we'd have conversations every now and then but I was drawn to her in lessons and every time I see her on the street I just wanna say hello and start something, so I'm gonna do that as soon as possible. Is it weird to catch up with someone when you've seen them around but haven't spoken to them after a long time? Not from my perspective but from hers? I just don't want the big regret, the huge regret, of never having acted on strong feelings, my first crush really. Any advice is helpful on how to approach this.
    it is odd when a boy suddenly starts talking to you, but at least you can guess if shes interested or not based on her response.
    Talking = interested
    Weirded out = not interested

ReputationRep:
    The biggest hurdle here is that you 2 really don't speak much.

One way to solve this is by texting her on social media (whatsapp snapchat etc) if you have her on there.
    Just pop up and ask how things are going at college, etc. Then try go on from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Google22)
    The biggest hurdle here is that you 2 really don't speak much.

One way to solve this is by texting her on social media (whatsapp snapchat etc) if you have her on there.
    Just pop up and ask how things are going at college, etc. Then try go on from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it not easier to say hi in person over social media in the sense that it's very random on social media but in person you've bumped into each other so to speak?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.