Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this how the degree classification is worked out? Watch

I'm studying physiotherapy I'm in the second year and going off my marks so far am I heading for a 2.2? The second year contributed 25% I think and I've been getting from 50% to 58% in modules so far. Is the degree classifications as simple as this, just taking average of your module marks for the year? I don't understand how it works fully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm studying physiotherapy I'm in the second year and going off my marks so far am I heading for a 2.2? The second year contributed 25% I think and I've been getting from 50% to 58% in modules so far. Is the degree classifications as simple as this, just taking average of your module marks for the year? I don't understand how it works fully
    That's the basic idea... the fine detail varies from uni to uni - so see the academic regulations on the uni website.

ReputationRep:
    basically yes, but some things are weighted more heavily than others

for example you have one module which is 10 credits and one module which is 20 credits... the score you get in the 20 credit module counts for double the score the in 10 credit module

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.