The Student Room Group

How comes when neo-nazis kill people its always called 'lone wolf' not terrorism?

http://mashable.com/2017/01/31/j-k-rowling-daily-mail-tweet-alexandre-bissonnette/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#5EHev3691Sqc

JK Rowling is right. The guy was clearly a white supremacist / nationalist, yet the media is describing him as a lone wolf, as if white nationalism / white supremacy doesnt exist. Many media publications have done this in the past, not just the DM.

This is white privilege in full form.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Mind showing other media outlets saying he was a lone wolf?
no no no no no no no you cant say "white privilege" here!

But yeah, you're right. Homegrown terrorism from supremacists needs to be taken much more seriously.
Reply 3
Original post by Vikingninja
Congratulations you refer to the entire media being the Daily Mail, you deserve a special star for idiocy. Mind showing other media outlets saying he was a lone wolf?

Reported your post.

Also, many media publications have done this. DM are not the first to do this, and they will not be the last.
Original post by Nujabes4
Reported your post.

Also, many media publications have done this. DM are not the first to do this, and they will not be the last.

How about you post them doing the same.
http://mashable.com/2017/01/31/j-k-rowling-daily-mail-tweet-alexandre-bissonnette/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#5EHev3691Sqc

JK Rowling is right. The guy was clearly a white supremacist / nationalist, yet the media is describing him as a lone wolf, as if white nationalism / white supremacy doesnt exist. Many media publications have done this in the past, not just the DM.

Yep, totally white privilege.

Omar Mateen, Lone-Wolf Terrorist

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2016/06/lone_wolf_terrorists_like_omar_mateen_present_a_different_kind_of_threat.html

Filthy white supremacist / nationalist murders 49 innocent gay people and the media call him a "lone wolf" as if white supremacy doesn't exist........

Oh,hold on a sec........

FFS
Reply 6
Original post by joe cooley
Yep, totally white privilege.

Omar Mateen, Lone-Wolf Terrorist

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2016/06/lone_wolf_terrorists_like_omar_mateen_present_a_different_kind_of_threat.html

Filthy white supremacist / nationalist murders 49 innocent gay people and the media call him a "lone wolf" as if white supremacy doesn't exist........

Oh,hold on a sec........

FFS

Hi Joe, glad to see we have people like you who were clearly born yesterday already making a positive contribution to the forum. Keep it up buddy :facepalm2:
Reply 7
The term lone wolf generally rises from the fact they are acting upon their own agenda.

The reason we don't call Islamic mass killings lone wolves is because they will be part of a much larger terrorist cell, which in turn is part of an organisation such as IS. They are not lone wolves as they are acting on behalf of IS; this is why they always 'claim' acts of terrorism.

It is not racism. It is simply the fact there are no organisations like ISIS for white supremacy and thus most of these murderers have formed their own views and commit these acts at their will
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Joe, glad to see we have people like you who were clearly born yesterday already making a positive contribution to the forum. Keep it up buddy :facepalm2:

Awwww poor baby.

Nothing to counter my point with so went for childish insult instead.

How cute.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Awwww poor baby.

Nothing to counter my point with so went for childish insult instead.

How cute.

I really just hope you are not studying History or Law or English Lit, or in fact any subject where you have to argue a point. Otherwise, you are gonna be in for quite the unpleasant surprise come results day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
I was glad when I heard Trudeau call it a terrorist attack.
Reply 11

It all depends on association or affiliation with a larger network or organisation. A "lone wolf" is simply someone who operates independently of such organisations. That is all.

A white supremacist terrorist can be a lone wolf or a member of an organised network. Same applies to any other brand of terrorist. I think you are trying to make an argument that doesn't exist.

pretty sure most of the worlds media are calling it just that

and most with more than a couple of braincells recognise far right terrorism is one of the biggest threats to the west , after the greater threat of islamic terrorism.
the white community is working to attack its issue with right wingers, what is the islamic community doing to sort out its internal problems?
Reply 13
Original post by QE2
It all depends on association or affiliation with a larger network or organisation. A "lone wolf" is simply someone who operates independently of such organisations. That is all.

A white supremacist terrorist can be a lone wolf or a member of an organised network. Same applies to any other brand of terrorist. I think you are trying to make an argument that doesn't exist.

I know what lone wolf means, thank you Captain Obvious.

Point here is that by calling these guys lone wolves rather than terrorists the media are euphemising their actions and their beliefs, and downplaying the fact that they belong to a wider ideology - white supremacy / white nationalism.
Reply 14
Original post by Reformed
pretty sure most of the worlds media are calling it just that

and most with more than a couple of braincells recognise far right terrorism is one of the biggest threats to the west , after the greater threat of islamic terrorism.
the white community is working to attack its issue with right wingers, what is the islamic community doing to sort out its internal problems?

Lols nice try at deflecting from the topic at hand (i.e. "so what we call them lone wolves? what about dem muslims grrr")
I really just hope you are not studying History or Law or English Lit, or in fact any subject where you have to argue a point. Otherwise, you are gonna be in for quite the unpleasant surprise come results day.

What, because a SJW type claimed the media only ever refer to white non-Muslim terrorists as "lone wolf" and i produced an example of the opposite to prove the SJW was mistaken?

And I hope you're not studying anything that involves any implement sharper than a chunky crayon.
Reply 16
I know what lone wolf means, thank you Captain Obvious. Point here is that by calling these guys lone wolves rather than terrorists
You claim that you know what "lone wolf" means, then immediately demonstrate that you don't by claiming that lone wolves cannot be terrorists!
:facepalm2:

the media are euphemising their actions and their beliefs, and downplaying the fact that they belong to a wider ideology - white supremacy / white nationalism.
Media sources that have described Bissonnette as "white supremacist", "far right" or "white nationalist":
The Guardian
Al Jazeera
BBC
CNN
Huffington Post
Daily Mail
Fox News
Independent
The Sun

That should do for now.
(Interestingly, only three of these sources used the term "lone wolf", although as I didn't search every article of theirs on the story, it cannot be claimed as proof).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
The fact this is an argument is ridiculous.

People have DIED in these attacks. Don't be so bloody pathetic as to trivialise their deaths into an internet debate over a media source.
Original post by JooW
The fact this is an argument is ridiculous.

People have DIED in these attacks. Don't be so bloody pathetic as to trivialise their deaths into an internet debate over a media source.

No, much better to get in a bit of cheap virtue signalling........ while joining in the debate!
Reply 19
No, much better to get in a bit of cheap virtue signalling........ while joining in the debate!

I will fight you, fellow Joe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending