B
French C
I.T B
B
B
B
Geography A
Graphics A

If i get As and Bs in my A-levels, do i have any chance of fulfilling my dream of becoming a doctor?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
HI! Well i recieved my GCSE results and these are my following grades,

English C
Maths B
Science B
B
French C
I.T B
B
B
B
Geography A
Graphics A

If i get As and Bs in my A-levels, do i have any chance of fulfilling my dream of becoming a doctor?
They're good enough to allow you to do A Levels, so providing you work VERY hard at them and get excellent grades then there's no reason why you shouldn't! Don't rest on your laurels, though, because medicine is a very competitive course at almost every university.
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
^^ That was me btw
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They're good enough to allow you to do A Levels.
Are you sure? I thought most A-level courses required 4 or 5 GCSEs A*-C.
Grotbag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
Which he/she has, so there's no problem.
Different medical schools have differing policies when it comes to GCSE's - some will want A grades, others are more flexible. Check the requirements for the schools you may be thinking of replying to and work hard for your A levels, get some relevant work experience and see what you can do.
Lucy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Grotbag)
Different medical schools have differing policies when it comes to GCSE's - some will want A grades, others are more flexible. Check the requirements for the schools you may be thinking of replying to and work hard for your A levels, get some relevant work experience and see what you can do.
Definitely check the requirements as I think majority of the 'major' medical schools with want at least a B in English GCSE (I know some foreign prospective medical students who have had to retake English GCSE to get that required B)
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
God I'm going blind. I could have sworn that said "they're not good enough", sorry Hamster.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
God I'm going blind. I could have sworn that said "they're not good enough", sorry Hamster.
Dont u need a B in english to do medincine?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Dont u need a B in english to do medincine?
sorry i didnt read above ; gd luck with becoming a Dr!
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hehe it's okay

to the user with the grades though, I'd advise you to discuss it with your college before you enroll, so you can re-sit anything if you need to!
13th Step
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I got about the same GCSE's. Most ppl that I met that wanted to do medicine got like 10 A* and were predicted 4/5/6 A's at A level!! I worked really hard on my AS's and made sure that my teachers predicted me AAB/AAA on the UCAS form. I also did a lot of work exp and went on courses such as MedLink and Medsim. Though a few unis werent open to me such as Notts, st georges and manchester- i still got into med school (after pain and suffering). So I'm positive that you can do it, if you have commitement and desire.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (114)
14%
Excited (81)
9.95%
Worried (152)
18.67%
Terrified (189)
23.22%
Meh (52)
6.39%
Confused (23)
2.83%