The Student Room Group

YES, it's in Romania ❤️

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michiyo
Everywhere! See the random Romanians you meet in your town, in cities, and basically everywhere? They are all vampires! If there is a single vampire in your area, there is sure to be an underground party for us vampires there :colone:

Is she? :evil:

They are relatively common since all vampires have at least one human ancestor. :smile: There is no such thing as pureblood vampires :laugh:

so @EC is a vamp? I always suspected so:wink:

and the vamps as in the band? theyre vamps right ...hmmm :holmes:

what music do us vamps like at these parties? I like light rap and edm but what if thats not right according to the obligatory international vampire rules 2017 edition? :s-smilie:

idk if she is , maybe we should ask her lmao

no purebloods eh? Im asian too so asian vamps get extra reflex speed points yes? :lol:
Original post by EC
Expected the hate sooner tbh.

If I wanted a debated out of this I would have posted it in another forum. They either take your jobs or they are the worst people on this planet, there's no in between. :lol:

Or they rip the piss out of the health service, then get help via housing benefits or rent free houses. On the other side, they buy all the beer in asda so i cant buy my 20 bottles of bishops finger for friday and saturday night
Original post by ForestShadow
so @EC is a vamp? I always suspected so:wink:

and the vamps as in the band? theyre vamps right ...hmmm :holmes:

what music do us vamps like at these parties? I like light rap and edm but what if thats not right according to the obligatory international vampire rules 2017 edition? :s-smilie:

idk if she is , maybe we should ask her lmao

no purebloods eh? Im asian too so asian vamps get extra reflex speed points yes? :lol:

Of course she is! :yep:

I have no idea, sorry :frown:

Any music! :biggrin: But we prefer it at a certain volume so no one hears the screams of those whose blood we drink :h:

No. Your race does not matter. :hugs: Blood does not taste differently based on race :lol:
Reply 223
so @EC is a vamp? I always suspected so

Liar liar pants on fire :dance:
Original post by Michiyo
Of course she is! :yep:

I have no idea, sorry :frown:

Any music! :biggrin: But we prefer it at a certain volume so no one hears the screams of those whose blood we drink :h:

No. Your race does not matter. :hugs: Blood does not taste differently based on race :lol:

and you know this how? personal experience? :evil:

my blood is acc rly nice irl as mosquitoes reminded me daily back when I lived in nz and Australia :facepalm:

Original post by EC

Im not a liar :tongue: maybe I shouldve said I always *secretly* suspected so :ninja:
and you know this how? personal experience? :evil:

my blood is acc rly nice irl as mosquitoes reminded me daily back when I lived in nz and Australia

I am a vampire, after all :colone:

Mmm, nice. :drool:
Reply 226

Im not a liar :tongue: maybe I shouldve said I always *secretly* suspected so :ninja:

I thought you no longer use TSR. What a surprise.
Original post by EC

the memes tho

Reply 228
the memes tho

O m g your trousers have combusted. :rofl:
Original post by EC
O m g your trousers have combusted. :rofl:

theres others too

bro do you even lift:

WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA!!!!!!!!!

cool story bro:

Original post by Michiyo
You read my mind! I was just going to talk about that. :laugh:

1. Romania is not non-PC.
Romanians are the most sensitive people on earth when criticised.
Romanians are non-PC in the sense of being able to insult others BUT start to sulk as soon as they are the target of someone else's criticisms.

2. Romani
Roma are differentiated and separated out from the bulk of Romanians due to racism. Anyone who grew up in Romania and says otherwise is in denial.

EDIT: as for Roma and reputation: as a Romanian you know that that is not quite the whole truth. This is a place of learning. Have a care or I might detail the truth for the rest of the people in this thread,
(edited 6 years ago)
Romania making the news today in the tennis.
Original post by Michiyo
It would all make sense if you studied anything related to sociology and knew that being British, Japanese, Romanian or any other nationality is much more than having a citizenship or being born in a country :rolleyes:

If it helps you understand, start by asking yourself 'What makes a person British?'. Is it just a citizenship or place of birth or is it much more than that? Think of all the immigrants you have met when pondering on this and you might just realise why a lot of gypsies can hardly be called Romanian even if they were born in Romania.

But the people who say this are the first to call non-Native Americans "Americans".
Original post by PandaSal
If you assimilate to the cultural norms of the UK, uphold the values of the UK and partake in an active way, you can call yourself British and most people would accept that you're British. I know people who are naturalised Brits and they're more British than most, it would be wrong to deny that they're British unless they didn't wish to classify themselves as such.

This applies to the gypsy argument as gypsies don't tend to assimilate, uphold the values of the country they hold citizenship with and nor do they partake in a way that's considered correct by those there, it's therefore sensible to state that they're not Romanian, British etc. However if they did wish to become a valued member of society, I don't see an issue with saying they're of X nationality but as of now, they're generally not and we shouldn't consider them as such.

The ones who do try to assimilate face this

"
Discrimination against Roma at the Labour Market

The most prevalent incidence of employment discrimination against Roma is at the job search stage and in the recruitment practices that companies apply. Raw, direct discrimination prevents applicants from even reaching the phase of the interview. Many companies have a total exclusion policy regarding the employment of Roma and practice across-the-board unmitigated discrimination against Romani applicants. As a result, Romani job-seekers are eliminated and excluded from the application process at the very outset; regardless of education, qualifications and competences for the job.

Out of 402 interviewed, 257 Romani individuals of working age have experienced discrimination in employment. The situation is almost twice as bad for Roma in the five countries targeted by the research where two out of every three working age Roma are likely to experience employment discrimination, than for ethnic minorities in the 11 countries in Europe and North America, that were surveyed by the ILO and found to have discrimination rates of up to 35%.6

When asked ‘How do you know it was because you are Roma’, almost one in two people said they had been openly told by the employer or someone in the company and in addition 20 individuals were told by the labour office. Therefore more than half of all Roma who reported that they have experienced employment discrimination know for sure that their ethnicity, the fact they are Romani, has prohibited and reduced their chances of getting a job."

BUT if you are Romanian you already know this.
Original post by Michiyo
So someone who does not follow British culture, norms, and values is British to you if they have a citizenship?

Yes..

example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers .

You saw them depicted in the film 'Snatch' by Brad Pitt et-al.
The dividing line is pretty clear.
In the UK people realise that culture is emergent and this is factored into arguments for who is British.
Indians for example have significant elements of their culture which differ from other groups in society BUT are unquestionably viewed as British by the majority and before the law because, "emergent culture" means that the future UK will be a mixed of all present cultures in the UK to varying degrees.
A simple examination of the past is proof positive of this. No one in the UK lives like people in the UK did 400 years ago.
Things and people change.

In Romania the argument is an ethnic one masquerading as a cultural one. To understand why you would have to spend time in Romania but suffice to say ethnicity is the dividing line. Romania is in fact multi-cultural in that you have Hungarians in the West and ex- Moldovans in the East but despite occasional strife these groups are not denied their basic right to 'nationhood'.
Other supporting evidence is the focus on colour when discussing these matters (not only here) and the constant refrain of Latin-ess (and White-ness) which accompanies discussions on this and national identity.

The true motivation is racial and the true target is assumption of superiority. Note the talk above about whether Blacks or Indians are British. Hardly a word about the French or Polish (WWI wave) for example.

Now if you stayed in Romania for an extended period you would understand why. I have spent quite a bit of time there myself and have studied the society well. You know the old adage where a man/woman has to rustle up a partner for a visit to the family BECAUSE of familial and broader societal expectations. You recall the sense of panic and the humour that ensues? The panic, obfuscation and desire to prove something that ultimately is of little consequence. Driven by social fear calamity ensues....

That ladies and gents is what we are seeing here. That and a sprinkling of good old denial.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 236
Original post by 999tigger
Romania making the news today in the tennis.

And in the European Gymnastics Championships!! Marian won the gold medal for the men's floor event.

Also, four Romanian athletes qualified for women’s finals. Yay. :dance:
Original post by EC
And in the European Gymnastics Championships!! Marian won the gold medal for the men's floor event.

Also, four Romanian athletes qualified for women’s finals. Yay. :dance:

All about the tennis over here. Romania hasnt done itself any favours. Its hilarious and even the president and players cant see what was wrong. real facepalm. You arent meant to insult and abuse your guests. Doubt he will be welcome back at Wimbledon. Only in Romania.
Reply 238
Original post by 999tigger
All about the tennis over here. Romania hasnt done itself any favours. Its hilarious and even the president and players cant see what was wrong. real facepalm. You arent meant to insult and abuse your guests. Doubt he will be welcome back at Wimbledon. Only in Romania.

Oh well, Nastase has always had really mean jokes and whenever he had a meeting in my city..his humour was sorta disturbing, I guess that's just him.

Quick Reply

Latest