Turn on thread page Beta

Right, I really don't like the use of the word but I'm going to use it; Why do ugly people who can't get boyfriends/girlfriends say things like "It's not all about looks, it's whats in the inside that count" or "an ugly personality ruins a beautiful face".

This question is directed to myself mainly because I used to preach all this crap every time I get called ugly back in my teens. I'm 22 now and still never had my first girlfriend; one side of me feels hopeless but the other feels there's still hope. If there people especially the ones in my age range think looks still matter that's fine with them but with I focus so much more on what's the inside.

Its because ugly people want at least something to not be ashamed of. They feel they need to point out their good aspect because their good bits are neither tangible nor visible. Thought everyone knew this.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Is that really what not-so-attractive people say, or is it when those people are moping or need consoling and someone who doesn't really know what else to say says that?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.