Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like I'm gonna be FOREVER ALONE Watch

If I had to use positive words to describe myself they would be sociable, smart, attractive, somewhat funny.. i make people laugh

but no one ever fancies me! I am 23... guys are attracted to me but they never approach. I am confident but not with guys I fancy so maybe I give off an unfriendly/friendzone vibe. I have had 1 ex boyfriend and I feel like I am coming back to that place where I don't want to be single any more. I have been happy generally since my last break up but now I'm getting a bit tired of it. I want someone to join me on this life adventure... but no normal guys approach me really. I had a go at tinder but I'm too nervous to meet anyone on it. I also don't want that to be my "how did you meet" story...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If I had to use positive words to describe myself they would be sociable, smart, attractive, somewhat funny.. i make people laugh

but no one ever fancies me! I am 23... guys are attracted to me but they never approach. I am confident but not with guys I fancy so maybe I give off an unfriendly/friendzone vibe. I have had 1 ex boyfriend and I feel like I am coming back to that place where I don't want to be single any more. I have been happy generally since my last break up but now I'm getting a bit tired of it. I want someone to join me on this life adventure... but no normal guys approach me really. I had a go at tinder but I'm too nervous to meet anyone on it. I also don't want that to be my "how did you meet" story...
    Are you sure your attractive? Cus if you wee you won't be having this problem for sure

I can relate

ReputationRep:
      As a 20yo guy who can never seem to meet a girl I like who isn't already in a LTR, i'm feeling a lot like that lately.

(Original post by CraigBackner)
      Are you sure your attractive? Cus if you wee you won't be having this problem for sure
      yes and i don't mean that in an arrogant way just a factual way. there are more important things in life. i am not super hot or super into make up to make myself super hot but yes i am attractive.

ReputationRep:

Change something about yourself to make you stand out.

ReputationRep:
      why is it that guys always have to be the ones to approach, girls can do it aswell . go approach a guy u like dnt fear rejection as ur "hot"

BUMP

ReputationRep:
      Go into any bar, literally anywhere and approach the first attractive guy you see and use the line "Do you have a name or can I call you mine?" They will be surprised and turned on by how forward you are.

(Original post by JordanSpratt)
      Go into any bar, literally anywhere and approach the first attractive guy you see and use the line "Do you have a name or can I call you mine?" They will be surprised and turned on by how forward you are.
      I prefer to get to know people first rather than just flirting with random drunk guys in a bar.

ReputationRep:
      Are you talking to anyone atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Google22)
      Are you talking to anyone atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Nope :/

ReputationRep:
      Nope :/
      Sound, hit me up and we can begin

Lol joking aside, maybe you should go out on a night out or something, meet some people (through your friends for example) and engage in some convos with them and then try talking to them over social media to keep it going?

(Original post by Google22)
      Sound, hit me up and we can begin

Lol joking aside, maybe you should go out on a night out or something, meet some people (through your friends for example) and engage in some convos with them and then try talking to them over social media to keep it going?
      I go on nights out all the time haha... I am not into the guys that try and pull on "club nights" and the other nights out I go to are more for people hanging out with their friends rather than speaking to others in a romantic way. And by now I know all of my friends' friends...

ReputationRep:
      I go on nights out all the time haha... I am not into the guys that try and pull on "club nights" and the other nights out I go to are more for people hanging out with their friends rather than speaking to others in a romantic way. And by now I know all of my friends' friends...
      Well sometimes you just gotta take the risk and hope the guy you meet at them clubs isn't just up for a quickie. And in them other night outs, why don't you try and engage in some convos with the guys? Idk tho, this could either go one way or another haha.

ReputationRep:
      It's not good to have such high expectations of guys, how they appear at first doesnt mean thats who they are. They could be nervous, forced out of their comfort zones or even shy. If guys are approaching you and they're not who you want, how do you know you dont like them if you dont give them a chance to prove themselves to you? A guy can surprise you, and usually its better to get to know them on a friend level first so you dont get into a personal level with someone you barely know.

But so what? the reason why this affects you so much is because you are LETTING it affect you so much.

you're one of the millions of people in this world who treats singlehood as if its some sort of illness - the world won't end if you never get a man. your life won't necessarily become much better when you get a man. you haven't 'failed at life' from not finding someone. ask yourself why the concept of being single forever affects you so much. is it because everyone else that you know has someone and you don't? you need to stop putting people in relationships on such a high pedestal, its because of these pedestals that people feel miserable when they can't measure up.

so embrace your fear. teach yourself that its not the be all and end all. tell yourself that you can be happy without a significant other, why not, millions of older people have either never found someone or never found the right person or ended up divorced or widowed and therefore have had no other choice but to accept that they are going to spend the remainder of their lives alone. they always look pretty chirpy to me - because they've always found alternatives. they've made friends or taken up hobbies/jobs or gotten a pet or gone travelling or devote their lives to their children/grandchildren. and remind yourself that no one knows whats around the corner, one of my aunties got married recently for the first time at the age of 41! before then she also labelled herself 'forever alone' too. so just because you couldn't find someone now doesn't mean you never will! the world is full of people, stop giving yourself time limits and just focus on your own life and let a man be something that you'd like, not something that you need!

(Original post by Shann998)
      It's not good to have such high expectations of guys, how they appear at first doesnt mean thats who they are. They could be nervous, forced out of their comfort zones or even shy. If guys are approaching you and they're not who you want, how do you know you dont like them if you dont give them a chance to prove themselves to you? A guy can surprise you, and usually its better to get to know them on a friend level first so you dont get into a personal level with someone you barely know.
      Very good point, it's something I need to remind myself.

But so what? the reason why this affects you so much is because you are LETTING it affect you so much.

you're one of the millions of people in this world who treats singlehood as if its some sort of illness - the world won't end if you never get a man. your life won't necessarily become much better when you get a man. you haven't 'failed at life' from not finding someone. ask yourself why the concept of being single forever affects you so much. is it because everyone else that you know has someone and you don't? you need to stop putting people in relationships on such a high pedestal, its because of these pedestals that people feel miserable when they can't measure up.

so embrace your fear. teach yourself that its not the be all and end all. tell yourself that you can be happy without a significant other, why not, millions of older people have either never found someone or never found the right person or ended up divorced or widowed and therefore have had no other choice but to accept that they are going to spend the remainder of their lives alone. they always look pretty chirpy to me - because they've always found alternatives. they've made friends or taken up hobbies/jobs or gotten a pet or gone travelling or devote their lives to their children/grandchildren. and remind yourself that no one knows whats around the corner, one of my aunties got married recently for the first time at the age of 41! before then she also labelled herself 'forever alone' too. so just because you couldn't find someone now doesn't mean you never will! the world is full of people, stop giving yourself time limits and just focus on your own life and let a man be something that you'd like, not something that you need!
      I am happy with my life but humans are social animals - it is normal to want to find someone you love and to experience life with them

ReputationRep:
      Yeah know how you feel. :console:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.