Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Acts of kindness... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Being kind to others is something I think is very important in my life.

Although I can recall many acts of kindness to others, I wonder if you would like to share your experiences of being kind to others - or maybe you have been the recipient?

ReputationRep:
    - Giving advice on TSR, instead of only (rather selfishly) preeing threads
    - Today a TSR user has offered to give me something free of charge - really touched
    - Staying back after-school to help re-arrange the layout of the study area furniture (got a free Nokia brick and pack of Twirl bites out of it - give love, get some back :lovedup:)
    - Simply letting me on the bus before them, regardless of who was waiting the longest
    - Offering people a share of your food/ things - one of the easiest and most satisfying actions for both.

Spread Love. Don't Fight. *ahem Trump* :heart:

ReputationRep:
    Helping mind to people and not expecting anything in return
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I tend to pay for peoples food, i help out at the local retirement home and try help others when i can.

ReputationRep:
    Giving gifts to elderly people. They actually cried aw. Donating money.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    I can't think of anything.
    Well I can! You changed your avatar back to your old one and that made me very happy
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Existing 💅

ReputationRep:
    Mhm..

I do try my very best to be kind to people, but it doesn't come naturally to me at all.

I remember when I was younger, I went to a Scout Camp and it was thought the orange juice was extremely out of date, or something was wrong with the meat, and everyone was throwing up on the floor in the dining area - except me - because I don't like Scout sausages and I'm allergic to orange juice, so I spent the whole day running around with a bucket of water keeping people hydrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Well I can! You changed your avatar back to your old one and that made me very happy
    Truth be told, I'm just building up an army of TSR minions
    and stuff like that is how I establish loyalty.

ReputationRep:
    Helping my friends through difficult times.
    Helping my friends and mother financially.
    Volunteering.
    Donating.

I'd honestly help everyone if I could, emotionally and financially

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Truth be told, I'm just building up an army of TSR minions
    and stuff like that is how I establish loyalty.

ReputationRep:
    Literally Nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Literally Nothing
    Now now I'm sure you have
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I once donated 1p to a charity using the change I got from KFC.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why but it makes me feel uncomfortable trying to list the kind things ive done for people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    Being kind to others is something I think is very important in my life.

Although I can recall many acts of kindness to others, I wonder if you would like to share your experiences of being kind to others - or maybe you have been the recipient?
    I believe in the kindness of strangers.

Some things that have stood out to me and made me adore random encounters with strangers:
    - When I was picking up a prescription at the GP office the receptionist told me my makeup looked "flawless" and said kind words about me amongst her colleagues. That really made my day.
    - When I went for an interview which was in a block of rented offices and had to call the right line at the reception (didn't know at first) some lady who was waiting there spoke up and helped me. Then she wished me good luck when I got called in and just treated me really nice.
    - Recently had a car accident and the witness stopped and immediately helped me park up on the side and calm down, etc. He was a kind man. The other car involved were also nice people, totally cool about it and didn't make a claim through insurance.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well there are a few things that stand out to me. The sweetest thing is when strangers compliment you though, it's so pure. I was in the library and touched up my lipstick in the bathroom - this girl with the most amazing head of curly red hair :daydreaming: pipes up and goes "that lipstick looks amazing on you". :fan: I was astonished and it made me so happy for the whole day and I walked back home with a spring in my step. :ahee:

Oh and something an acquaintance did for me which was very kind - I was a bit upset and left my lesson early, they found me upset in the bathroom and took me to their own classroom where the whole class gave me food and tissues.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I donate half my Christmas money every year to buy food, blankets and toys for my local animal shelters plus I do voluntary work throughout the year for them too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I once donated 1p to a charity using the change I got from KFC.
    Similar to those mesmerising spiral, spinning-coin donation machines for the McDonald's House charity you find in Maccy D's? :bebored:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.