Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

wwyd if your gay friend came out as straight? Watch

OK so this is a bit of a weird question. I'm 21 and have always been gay, as of 5 years ago everyone knows I'm gay, i have lots of close friendships with girls that have nothing sexual in them.

However for reasons I'm not going to go into, I have decided I don't want to have sex with men or relationships with them & if I'm going to be sexually active i would like to be straight. Over the past few months i've been getting more attracted to women, I never saw them sexually before but now I do.

only problem is i can't tell anyone this cause they see me as gay. the girls especially would see me as a liar and my guy friends would think i'm a creep predator just pretending to be gay to get close to girls.

what do u think?

ReputationRep:
    I'd support them

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you're heterosexual-homoromantic?

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    Maybe you're heterosexual-homoromantic?
    bugger off with those dumb labels lol

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I find the irony quote amusing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lmao oh ****

ReputationRep:
    How rude
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't make a difference to how i feel about them now so.. the same?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I would do absolutely nothing.

Not a big deal, we'll still be friends.

ReputationRep:
    OK so this is a bit of a weird question. I'm 21 and have always been gay, as of 5 years ago everyone knows I'm gay, i have lots of close friendships with girls that have nothing sexual in them.

However for reasons I'm not going to go into, I have decided I don't want to have sex with men or relationships with them & if I'm going to be sexually active i would like to be straight. Over the past few months i've been getting more attracted to women, I never saw them sexually before but now I do.

only problem is i can't tell anyone this cause they see me as gay. the girls especially would see me as a liar and my guy friends would think i'm a creep predator just pretending to be gay to get close to girls.

what do u think?
    Couldn't you just be Bi-sexual?

(Original post by proton & neutron)

I don't really care about labels, its just the fact that I have aways been into men and had boyfriends / male hookups, and pretty sure everyone would think badl of me if I started having sex with girls..

ReputationRep:
    Okay **** labels, but sexuality can be fluid. You can feel something different now, no one will judge you.

(Original post by proton & neutron)
    and to clarify i am still attracted to men but women more now. and i have chosen to not have sex with men. call that whatever you want I dont care.

ReputationRep:
    I would be completely indifferent.

Just as I am indifferent to them being homosexual in the first place.

What is this thread?

and to clarify i am still attracted to men but women more now. and i have chosen to not have sex with men. call that whatever you want I dont care.
    To ne fair to her, those aren't like the a million and one labels we see nowadays for gender identity, the ones she listed as valid.

You say you want to be straight so you may indeed be a homosexual but a heteroromantic in that sexually you're attracted to men, but long term want a wife and a traditional family. I've had gay friends in the past who were like this, the thought of being in a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex was a complete turn off for them even though they were sexually attracted to them.

tell this to your closest girl bestie and solemnly ask how the other friends would react and how to proceed

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care about labels, its just the fact that I have aways been into men and had boyfriends / male hookups, and pretty sure everyone would think badl of me if I started having sex with girls..
    Just say you realised recently that you're bi and there'd be no real questions.

That is definitely bisexual even to the not-crazy labellers and would definitely get you less trouble then suddenly saying you're straight (which would technically not be true given the fact that you're attracted to guys)

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends said he was gay, then ****ed a girl...said he was still gay...then kissed a guy at a party....then said he was straight.....now he's gay again apparently. Maybe bisexual but who knows.

To ne fair to her, those aren't like the a million and one labels we see nowadays for gender identity, the ones she listed as valid.

You say you want to be straight so you may indeed be a homosexual but a heteroromantic in that sexually you're attracted to men, but long term want a wife and a traditional family. I've had gay friends in the past who were like this, the thought of being in a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex was a complete turn off for them even though they were sexually attracted to them.
    Well I don't want to have sex with guys either, or relationships...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.