wwyd if your gay friend came out as straight? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
OK so this is a bit of a weird question. I'm 21 and have always been gay, as of 5 years ago everyone knows I'm gay, i have lots of close friendships with girls that have nothing sexual in them.

However for reasons I'm not going to go into, I have decided I don't want to have sex with men or relationships with them & if I'm going to be sexually active i would like to be straight. Over the past few months i've been getting more attracted to women, I never saw them sexually before but now I do.

only problem is i can't tell anyone this cause they see me as gay. the girls especially would see me as a liar and my guy friends would think i'm a creep predator just pretending to be gay to get close to girls.

what do u think?
username2705335
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd support them
Eternalflames
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe you're heterosexual-homoromantic?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Eternalflames)
Maybe you're heterosexual-homoromantic?
bugger off with those dumb labels lol
Cherub012
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it bad that I find the irony quote amusing?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
lmao oh ****
Eternalflames
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How rude
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It wouldn't make a difference to how i feel about them now so.. the same?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would do absolutely nothing.

Not a big deal, we'll still be friends.
proton & neutron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OK so this is a bit of a weird question. I'm 21 and have always been gay, as of 5 years ago everyone knows I'm gay, i have lots of close friendships with girls that have nothing sexual in them.

However for reasons I'm not going to go into, I have decided I don't want to have sex with men or relationships with them & if I'm going to be sexually active i would like to be straight. Over the past few months i've been getting more attracted to women, I never saw them sexually before but now I do.

only problem is i can't tell anyone this cause they see me as gay. the girls especially would see me as a liar and my guy friends would think i'm a creep predator just pretending to be gay to get close to girls.

what do u think?
Couldn't you just be Bi-sexual?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by proton & neutron)

I don't really care about labels, its just the fact that I have aways been into men and had boyfriends / male hookups, and pretty sure everyone would think badl of me if I started having sex with girls..
Eternalflames
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay **** labels, but sexuality can be fluid. You can feel something different now, no one will judge you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by proton & neutron)
and to clarify i am still attracted to men but women more now. and i have chosen to not have sex with men. call that whatever you want I dont care.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would be completely indifferent.

Just as I am indifferent to them being homosexual in the first place.

What is this thread?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
and to clarify i am still attracted to men but women more now. and i have chosen to not have sex with men. call that whatever you want I dont care.
To ne fair to her, those aren't like the a million and one labels we see nowadays for gender identity, the ones she listed as valid.

You say you want to be straight so you may indeed be a homosexual but a heteroromantic in that sexually you're attracted to men, but long term want a wife and a traditional family. I've had gay friends in the past who were like this, the thought of being in a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex was a complete turn off for them even though they were sexually attracted to them.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
tell this to your closest girl bestie and solemnly ask how the other friends would react and how to proceed
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't really care about labels, its just the fact that I have aways been into men and had boyfriends / male hookups, and pretty sure everyone would think badl of me if I started having sex with girls..
Just say you realised recently that you're bi and there'd be no real questions.

That is definitely bisexual even to the not-crazy labellers and would definitely get you less trouble then suddenly saying you're straight (which would technically not be true given the fact that you're attracted to guys)
Dafock
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One of my friends said he was gay, then ****ed a girl...said he was still gay...then kissed a guy at a party....then said he was straight.....now he's gay again apparently. Maybe bisexual but who knows.
Anonymous #1
To ne fair to her, those aren't like the a million and one labels we see nowadays for gender identity, the ones she listed as valid.

You say you want to be straight so you may indeed be a homosexual but a heteroromantic in that sexually you're attracted to men, but long term want a wife and a traditional family. I've had gay friends in the past who were like this, the thought of being in a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex was a complete turn off for them even though they were sexually attracted to them.
Well I don't want to have sex with guys either, or relationships...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads