Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello,

I am thinking of making a late application to one course.

Here are my concerns:

• That it doesn't get seen and I get rejected
    --Can I reapply for it or do I have to wait until closing/clearing
    ----Will I be able to apply through clearing? because i have already applied and been rejected

•Is it worth contacting the uni and asking whether it is worth putting in a late application.

•How will interviews work for late applications?

thank you
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfoot)
    hello,

I am thinking of making a late application to one course.

Here are my concerns:

• That it doesn't get seen and I get rejected
    --Can I reapply for it or do I have to wait until closing/clearing
    ----Will I be able to apply through clearing? because i have already applied and been rejected

•Is it worth contacting the uni and asking whether it is worth putting in a late application.

•How will interviews work for late applications?

thank you
    You should only apply after the deadline if a university has made it clear that they're accepting late applications.

Late applications run just like on time ones - if you don't get an offer you can add other choices (until you get to 5) and then if that isn't successful you can use UCAS Extra.

To enter clearing you have to pay the full UCAS fee (not the reduce fee for a single choice).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.