Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in my first year of college and have severe Generalised Anxiety Disorder. I'm having CBT and my college are aware. I have changed my timetable, so that I am able to cope. Two of my teachers are incredibly supportive and go above and beyond to help me. However, one of my teachers is being very difficult. Myself and my parents have spoken to my tutor several times and she seems to not be doing anything to help. As part of the new arrangement I only go to 2 of the 3 lessons I would have with her. Since this has been put into place she has been ignoring my emails and told my tutor that if I want the work I will have to stay behind and she will talk to me about it. This makes me very uncomfortable and makes me even more anxious as I just want to feel normal and don't want everyone in my class to know. I already stand out enough that I have missed so many lessons. As agreed in the new arrangement if I am not given the work for mondays lesson by tuesday, I will not attend wednesday or thursdays lesson, as I don't feel prepared and end up having an anxiety attack. This happened last week and my mum emailed my tutor and this is when she told us that my teacher is insisting I wait back after lessons and it was agreed that she would email me the last 5 lessons I have missed for tomorrows lesson. She did not do this. This means that tonight I have to get the work from someone in my class. Which I don't really think is acceptable. And then on Thursdays from then on I will talk to her after the lesson on Thursdays, despite how uncomfortable I am with this. I feel as though she has put me in a situation that either way I am so uncomfortable that, either I quit that subject, come back in full time or I will have to get someone more senior to deal with it... which won't make this easy for me if I get her in trouble. Is it just me or is this wrong? Do you have any advise on what I could do, or if this has happened to you? This may seem petty to some of you, but unless you have very severe anxiety it is hard to understand how big something can feel.

ReputationRep:
    I have anxiety too and it really gets to me sometimes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.