Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It seems like there are almost no threads for ottawa university in here. Is it not a famous/good university or what? Has anyone applied/went/planning to apply there?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    This is a UK site so you're unlikely to get lots of responses here. I'm moving this to the international section so you may get more responses there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saikachan)
    It seems like there are almost no threads for ottawa university in here. Is it not a famous/good university or what? Has anyone applied/went/planning to apply there?
    Hi there,

I don't know what you want to study at University of Ottawa, but I can tell you that in Canada, the uni isn't as highly ranked as other unis such as UBC, U of T, or McGill. It is still a decent uni, but this is dependent on what you plan to study there.

ReputationRep:
    hi! i'm starting at the university of ottawa in september i can tell you that it's not exactly an internationally renown university, and that most of the students there are from the general local area (i.e. ottawa, gatineau, or generally ontario, especially smaller towns that don't have their own universities). it's not a bad university, particularly for undergrad, and the campus is cute, but it's not prestigious and shiny enough to attract a lot of international students (UK students mainly, on this website) the way McGill and UofT are.

i know that personally, i chose uOttawa over McGill because of cost, as many of my friends did. particularly if you're planning on doing post-grad, the scholarships are a really great incentive and allow you to save money for post-grad where the prestige of your university counts a loooot more i do hear however that the business school (Tefler) is decently reputable. i'd just assume that saving money isn't the first thing on the mind of international students lol.

i can say that uOttawa will be willing to put in more effort to attract and retain students with good grades, as they can't exactly rest on their laurels the way that top ranked universities can. another fun thing is that it is a bilingual university, that offers programs in french, english, and immersion (and, if you have 2 to 3 classes a semester in french, you get a scholarship!)

hope this answers some of your questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.