sammy2012
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just wondering what would strengthen your UCAS application for vet med other than the grades and required work experience?

I'm taking a gap year so any ideas would really help
Thanks!
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
- A good personal statement. Lots of info here.

- A good reference from your teachers. If you're leaving college and not attending during your gap year make sure you sort this out early.

- Work experience surplus to requirements! See as many different workplaces as you can.

- Extracurricular activities to help to show things like community involvement (volunteering, YFC, Scouts/Guides, Youth Parliament, The Challenge/NCS etc), awards (DofE, sporting achievements, Jack Petchey, vInspired, WOHAA, music grades), hobbies (sports, music, art), as well as time management, responsibility and ability to switch off from work.

- A job; full time or part time, to show that you're responsible and can manage your time well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads