Just wondering what would strengthen your UCAS application for vet med other than the grades and required work experience?
I'm taking a gap year so any ideas would really help
Vet Med application Watch
- Thread Starter
- 01-02-2017 10:25
Little Tail Chaser
- TSR Support Team
- Clearing and Applications Advisor
- 01-02-2017 11:26
- A good personal statement. Lots of info here.
- A good reference from your teachers. If you're leaving college and not attending during your gap year make sure you sort this out early.
- Work experience surplus to requirements! See as many different workplaces as you can.
- Extracurricular activities to help to show things like community involvement (volunteering, YFC, Scouts/Guides, Youth Parliament, The Challenge/NCS etc), awards (DofE, sporting achievements, Jack Petchey, vInspired, WOHAA, music grades), hobbies (sports, music, art), as well as time management, responsibility and ability to switch off from work.
- A job; full time or part time, to show that you're responsible and can manage your time well.