Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, and have been doing sixth form since January. I do three subjects, Biology, Media and Psychology. The only one i'm not failing is media. The bottom line is, i hate sixth form so much and have done since i started. I'm applying for apprenticeships and haven't had too much luck yet. There's no way i can stay the two full years. Despite having a quite frankly amazing girlfriend, wonderful parents and great friends. I can't help but feel miserable all the time, and i'm constantly stressed about sixth form. I don't know what to do, i can't stand feeling like this. I'm young and i know that my wellbeing should prioritise over anything. Can someone please give me some sort of advice on what to do, at least until the end of the year? ( i'm happy when i'm not at school, for example me and my girlfriend went to centre parcs last weekend and it's the happiest i've been all year )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiltoda)
    I'm 17, and have been doing sixth form since January. I do three subjects, Biology, Media and Psychology. The only one i'm not failing is media. The bottom line is, i hate sixth form so much and have done since i started. I'm applying for apprenticeships and haven't had too much luck yet. There's no way i can stay the two full years. Despite having a quite frankly amazing girlfriend, wonderful parents and great friends. I can't help but feel miserable all the time, and i'm constantly stressed about sixth form. I don't know what to do, i can't stand feeling like this. I'm young and i know that my wellbeing should prioritise over anything. Can someone please give me some sort of advice on what to do, at least until the end of the year? ( i'm happy when i'm not at school, for example me and my girlfriend went to centre parcs last weekend and it's the happiest i've been all year )
    This time in 2015 I was in the exact same situation as you. At the time I had a gf and everything was great, I did biology, physics and sport, good friends who I had a laugh with, but for some reason I hated it there. At that point in time I was thinking of apprenticeships but after a while I realised that my main interest was still to study biology at university. At sixth form I hated the atmosphere and a lot of the people were stuck up, I didn't enjoy my A levels all but biology and somewhat sport.

When i got.my grades I was extremely disappointed and I couldn't stand the thought of going back, I got an D in bio (hoped for a B as I got As in every mock), U in physics and D* in Sport.

I knew I wouldn't develop as a person at my old sixth form so I went to college to study BTEC applied Science after researching. It is mostly biology orientated and I made some good friends here. But most importantly I have got maximum grades, distinction In everything with offers from all of my unis, and my first choice Liverpool (atm)

If I were you I'd move on from there, if didn't speak to some friends once I left but all things went great and I got everything back on track. I did get dumped but Im finally over that.

As for apprenticeships, if that's what you really want to do then looks for a top one at a top company as I know people who have one and I view it as rubbish basic work that is cheap labour.

Hope this helps, as I said I was in your situation and things can be changed for the better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiltoda)
    Drop out of school and teach yourself the A-level stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.