Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview tomorrow (Thursday 2nd Feb 2017)

Wondering if anybody else has the English Extract by now ? I applied for Foundation because I did a college course and they couldn't track down my results, now I have found them I'm thinking of going in tomorrow and seeing if I can just pop straight onto the Psychology Course.

Any thoughts on the exam though?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, hope it went well for you!

how was it?

ReputationRep:
    Went absolutely fine, got told to our faces that they were still interviewing people next Saturday and that they would make a decision at the end of February. Got messaged that night not even by uni but by UCAS that I got declined because of "lack of fundin" so I accepted my offer to Birmingham.. sad that I didn't get to go to uni as I grew up there but oh well Birmingham is higher on the Red brick list so I'm happy !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaMay95)
    Went absolutely fine, got told to our faces that they were still interviewing people next Saturday and that they would make a decision at the end of February. Got messaged that night not even by uni but by UCAS that I got declined because of "lack of fundin" so I accepted my offer to Birmingham.. sad that I didn't get to go to uni as I grew up there but oh well Birmingham is higher on the Red brick list so I'm happy !
    Congrats on getting Birmingham! Do you mind telling us a bit about how the interview and the exam went with Sheffield? I have an interview day on Wednesday and even though Sheffield is not my first choice, I'm still very nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoannaFeb)
    Congrats on getting Birmingham! Do you mind telling us a bit about how the interview and the exam went with Sheffield? I have an interview day on Wednesday and even though Sheffield is not my first choice, I'm still very nervous!
    Of course! Don't be nervous, just be yourself I would say! They asked me what would be my strengths and weaknesses in the course. What I was most looking forward to, what I could bring to the table, how my past experiences - what have I learnt from them and how will that help me in the course. And of course why I picked the subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaMay95)
    Of course! Don't be nervous, just be yourself I would say! They asked me what would be my strengths and weaknesses in the course. What I was most looking forward to, what I could bring to the table, how my past experiences - what have I learnt from them and how will that help me in the course. And of course why I picked the subject
    Great to hear you received an offer! I'm sure you'll have a great time in Birmingham.

Thanks for your reply, really helpful and much appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.