Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I will be applying for student finance when the application opens and i was wondering if someone could help me with the household income part.

I currently live on my own and have been since September 2015, i'm renting a room and i have no help with money from my family. For my household income do i just put what i'm earning or do i need to add my parents as well?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Are you over 25 or estranged from your parents? If neither apply, (and you're not married or a parent yourself) then you have to be self supporting for the last 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Are you over 25 or estranged from your parents? If neither apply, (and you're not married or a parent yourself) then you have to be self supporting for the last 3 years.
    Hi,

I'm 19, who's income do i put down as my parents are separated and i haven't had contact with one of them for 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brandon10105)
    Hi,

I'm 19, who's income do i put down as my parents are separated and i haven't had contact with one of them for 2 years?
    Also i'm currently in a full time job but will be leaving in July sue to uni will i need to put my income down considering i wont have an income come September
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brandon10105)
    Also i'm currently in a full time job but will be leaving in July sue to uni will i need to put my income down considering i wont have an income come September

Hi there,

In this case, we'll for the financial details of the parent you still have contact with. As such, we won't need to know about any earned income (salary/wages) you received.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If I have been supporting myself for +3 years without any financial aid from family etc, would I use my yearly income as the house hold income ? and if so, If im planning to work par time whilst studying - wouldnt this affect my yearly house hold income ?Would I use my current income or my 'new' par-time income ?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Don't enter your income as household income. You indicate on the application that you have supported yourself financially for more than 3 years. You wont be asked for household income.

You will be required to send evidence of your 3 years self support. Acceptable evidence can include:

P60; month 12/week 52 wage slip; benefit receipt letters; Statement of Earnings; Employers letters; Tax returns; accounts

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.